Chapter 18

Guinevere just couldn't accept the fact that this was all real. That night, she went back home early to clean the house. She noticed that Granger's room was very messy, and she didn't like that.

Whilst cleaning, she came across his gun and violin, still on the floor. Guinevere quickly opened his violin case to see if nothing was damaged. She sighed in relief. Suddenly, an idea came to mind. "I'll use his gun. I too will hunt demons for him, and I will put an end to this."

She had to learn all by herself. Taking it up and examining it, she walks to the training room. Guinevere was very observant, so she noticed that every sixth bullet did extra damage to the dummies. She wasn't that good at aiming, so she kept shooting and shooting. All night, she didn't stop training.

The next morning, Guinevere didn't even feel tired. She walked to the hospital again to do her daily visits to Granger.

When she opened the door, there were 3 doctors and about 5 nurses checking on him.

"Hello, uh... May I ask, how is he?" She says. "He's currently unstable. His heart rate is speeding up and slowing down at an alarming rate. There's only a little chance that he may actually wake up, Your Highness."

"Well, I see. Is it alright if I ask you to leave? I need some privacy."

They bowed to her, and did as told.

"Oh Granger, what will I do?" Then, she brought out his violin, and put it on his bedside table.

Guinevere looked at the heart rate monitor, and they were right. Sometimes, his heart beat so fast, and after 30 seconds, it would slow down, and it beat way too slow.

She felt, empty. It's only been less than a week, and she couldn't even stand that long without him.

With that, she excused herself and left to see Princess Silvanna.

"Princess Silvanna, someone is here to see you." Says one of the servants. "Yes, bring them in."

"G-Guinevere? I haven't seen you in 3 years! What are you doing here?"

"Granger is..."

"In a coma, I know." She replies.

"Because of that, I am willing to take his place as a demon hunter until he is fit to work again."

"A-are you sure?" Silvanna asks. "I am sure. I have already killed a demon, and I can do it again."

"Who?"

"Alice." Guinevere replies.

"So you are the one who killed her. Very well, your first mission will be given to you tomorrow."

Saying her goodbyes to Silvanna, and heading off to the house, she questions herself, "Will I be okay? What if I can't handle it? Nonsense. I will do this, for Granger."

Opening the front door, she sees a familiar figure standing in the living room.

"Miss me?"