One

Jhene,

I wake up on a Monday morning and get ready to go to class. I just moved to Los Angeles from Michigan so I'm still getting used to my surroundings. I go to the bathroom and take a look in the mirror.

"Oh god", I say after I look at myself in the mirror.

I brush my teeth and wash my face then take a quick shower. I curl my hair and go downstairs and pour some cereal in a bowl and turn on the radio to Hot 106. 'Super Bass' starts playing and I dance along to it while grabbing the milk from the fridge. I finish my cereal and head out to my car to go to class. As I'm about to pull off, I get a text from my best friend Dea.

Dea-'Hey how's Cali, you like the hot weather?'

Me- 'It's great so far, everything is beautiful!'

I pull out of the driveway and head off to class. The school I will attend is University of California, Los Angeles. I finally arrive at the school. I sit in my car for a while because I am a bit early and reflect on how life was back in Michigan. I turn on the radio in my car and soft music plays, I think to myself, 'always try your best and focus on whats important to succeed'. It's finally 9:30 and I go inside and find my class. When I arrive, there are a few people in class already so I take a seat towards the back of the class. A few minutes later, a tall, handsome, young man walks into the classroom. He takes a seat in front of me and suddenly turns around.

"Hey, I'm Chris, what's your name?", he asks me.

"My name's Jhene, nice to meet you", I answer back.

"The pleasure is mine", he says before the professor enters the classroom.

"Good morning class, my name is Mr. Raymond and I will be your professor this semester", he says placing his belongings down.

I try my best to pay attention but I can't seem to get Chris out of my mind. When class is over, I try to leave as fast as possible but Chris catches up quite quickly to me.

Chris,

I walk into my class a few minutes late and my eyes go straight to the asian looking girl in the back of the class. She seems pretty shy so I sit in front of her and try to start some small talk to break the ice.

"Hey I'm Chris, what's your name?", I say to her.

She starts to speak and she says her name is Jhene. 'Jhene' I think to myself then return the pleasure to her. Finally our professor walks in and he starts talking. I don't really pay attention but I try to keep my mind off her but its extremely hard. At the end of class, she tries to leave fast but I catch up with her.

"Jhene! Hey Jhene!", I say kind of loudly to get her attention.

She turns around to face me and sees me walking towards her.

"Hey Chris", she says.

She has such a nice tone of voice I barely pay attention to what she was saying. I admire her features while she speaks and finally she says, "Chris, Chris? Did you hear anything I said?",she says with a giggle.

"Nah, I'm sorry. You're just really pretty so I kinda got lost in your features", I say to her.

She blushes and says, "Aw Chris, thank you!"

"Hey want to take a tour of the city?", I ask.

"Yeah sure, is tomorrow good?", she asks.

"Yeah no problem!", I say excitedly.

"Okay see you then!",she says as her voice trails off while she walks away. I go to my car and all I can think about is how great tomorrow is gonna be.

((I made a few adjustments so read again if you wanna!))