✫☼☾☁ 𝗖𝝜𝝖𝝦𝝩𝝚Ɍ 𝝩Ѡ𝝚𝝢𝝩𝝭 ☁☾☼✫

Valerie runs up to Khloe and hugs her.

"I haven't seen you in a while!"

"It's good to see you too dear." She kisses her cheek and kisses Leam and Lucas on their foreheads motherly. She then sees Julian and Lucille. "Who are these adorable children?" She says pinching Julian's cheek which he quickly slaps away.

"Oh, this is Julian and Lucille," Valerie says with a smile and taps their heads lightly.

"They stole our hearts," Lucas says and smiles resting his hands on their shoulders while Julian remains with a scowl on his face still holding Lucille's hand tightly.

"So Khloe would you like to watch these young ones while I set up their rooms?"

"Of course. Come on dears." She takes their hands and heads in. "I know where there are some toys."

Valerie follows Khloe up the stairs with her mates close by. Khloe goes into the room right at the top of the stairs. Leam and Lucas lead Valerie to an old room with two beds. It was very boyish. She assumed it was her mates' old room.

"Alright let's get busy," Valerie says stripping the sheets off the beds. She begins to pull the magazine pages and posters off the walls. She laid them on the bed as her mates' came in with new sheets. One flowery and one navy blue. They quickly set the sheets on the bed. Lucille's bed had a white comforter with colorful flowers. She admires the work they did but felt like it was still empty.

"Something is missing.."

"What is it that is possibly missing?" Leam asks.

"Wait here," Valerie says and walks out of the room. "Khloe do you know if there are any spare paintings?"

"There should be some in the room at the end of the hall." She walks down the hall to the room and slowly opens the door. There was a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. She stood on her tiptoes and pulled the string. There she sees a lot of cluttered things. She goes and begins to search. She suddenly spots a painting that calls to her. It's was beautiful butterflies that seemed to glow. She picks it up and chooses more landscape paintings. She spots a lace drape and she grabs it as well. She turns the light off and walks back to the room she hangs up the paintings and her mates' stared at the painting of the butterflies as she hangs the drape over Lucille's bed.

"Our grandmother was a painter. That was the last painting she did before she passed." Lucas said.

"Oh, I see. Well, it's beautiful." Valerie replied.

"Yes, she had extreme talent," Leam says. They stand and look at the painting for a few moments before they head back to get Lucille and Julian to show them their new room. Lucille squealed as she jumped on her new bed and spread out on it.

"It's so soft." Julian watches his sister closely as he slowly sat on his bed. Her face turned into surprise and a smile slowly formed.

"Wow, it is soft." Valerie smiled happily as she saw Julian smile. His face then turned back to a blank face.

"Who wants dinner?"

"ME!" Lucille giggled.

"Okay let's go then!" She offers her hands to both of them. Lucille takes her hand immediately but Julian hesitated before he placed his small hand in hers.

***

She places plates of steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans before them. Everyone quickly gobbled their food including Valerie. Khloe smiled approvingly at the meal she had just finished. Khloe collected everyone's plates despite Valerie's protests.

She takes Julian and Lucille to their beds with her mates' and turned on the lava lamp that was already in the room on.

"Good night Lucille," Valerie whispers and gives her a quick kiss on the forehead. She goes and tucks Julian in and turned to walk away.

"Val?" Valerie turns back around to look at him.

"Do I get a kiss too?"

"Of course, if you want one Sweetie." She pushes his bangs out of the way giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"We will all go to the mall tomorrow and get you guys new clothes and other stuff."

"Okay, thank you, Valerie. For everything."

"I wouldn't want it any other way." She gets up from the bed and get off the bed and walked out with Leam and Lucas. She slowly closes the door and looked at her mates.

"We need to talk."
_______________________________

756 Words
_______________________________