Lunch at Tonio's

Josuke couldn't contain the smirk that crept up on his face as Tonio's restaurant came into sight. At his side, Okuyasu was chattering away about the previous day's school lesson, something about not having been able to take notes fast enough.

"Oi, Josuke, are you even listening?" Came Okuyasu's husky voice.

"Ah, yeah, you can use my notes," Josuke assured.

"You seem a bit distracted..."

With a small sniff, Josuke turned his face away to try hiding the grin that wouldn't stop spreading across his face. "You know, Okuyasu, there's a reason I wanted to bring those two along with us today," he said as he wrapped an arm around the other's shoulders, motioning to the two men walking a good distance behind them.

"Oh! You think Tonio's food can make Kakyoin feel better so Jotaro will finally let him play video games with us!?" Okuyasu guessed excitedly, watching as Josuke put a finger to his lips in an attempt to get him to lower his voice.

"Yes, precisely. My Crazy Diamond can only do so much to fix people's wounds and broken objects, but just imagine how much better Kakyoin will feel after he tries some of that food. We'll finally be able to play against a pro player...!" Josuke whispered, dramatically clenching his fist in triumph.

"But Josuke, you don't think they'll be surprised at the...initial side effects? Or did you already tell them?"

"Of course not! If I had told Jotaro that Kakyoin might spill a little blood he would have never agreed to come."

"I don't know, Josuke. I'm not very smart, but I don't think Jotaro will like that," Okuyasu worried.

"Hey, maybe it's a little selfish, but when he sees how well Kakyoin is going to look and feel, he'll be the one thanking us for showing him such a great place to eat at," he reassured.

"Ah, you're right, Josuke. I guess I was just worried about how Jotaro might feel thinking Kakyoin got hurt, but he seems like a really tough guy!"

"Yeah, he is. Anyways, I wonder if today we can ask Tonio for extra mineral water since we've been frequenting his place for so long."

"It's pretty cozy here. Reminds me of when I went to Italy with my parents as a child. Many places in Europe, especially tourist spots, still have a lot of old buildings so it isn't uncommon for small cafes or shops to look like a home. I assume this place used to be a house but was renovated with a larger kitchen and storage area," Kakyoin mused, almost absentmindedly as he ran the tips of his fingers along the white tablecloth.

"Yes, and you are right, signore," Tonio said as he briskly came into the dining area, drinks in hand. "A few years ago while I was traveling around the world looking for ways to improve my cooking, I discovered I had a certain...ability. Since then, I've taken pride in creating healthy yet gourmet dishes."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Tonio. Jotaro and Kakyoin are stand users too, right?" Josuke piped up, partly hoping Tonio would like their adult acquaintances enough to give them a good discount.

"That's right," Kakyoin said as he took the glass of wine set in front of him, watching with a smile as Jotaro took and stirred his coffee with the spoon provided. As he took a sip, he slowly manifested a strand of his stand to exemplify. "It's been a while since I've really had to use it, but...uh, Tonio, what kind of wine was this, again? I've never had much of a taste for alcohol, but this is quite nice."

Watching with a content look, Tonio calmly explained. "It's a classic 1987 Italian Sherry, a bit on the pricy side but it's on the house this time, as a special treat for new guests. Say, I hope this doesn't sound rude, but the appearance of your stand ability reminds me of a certain vegetable quite popular in many European dishes. Was it, perhaps...oh, I know, a striped green zucchini, which reminds me! I hope you don't mind that I've already selected your dishes for you in advance, as I always prepare them specially for the needs of each individual customer."