There goes my life

*Cierra POV*

It was a beautiful morning. One of those days where the weather was in a happy medium. I opened my eyes and let the sunlight dance on them. I always felt like they really showed their true beauty in the sunlight. They were a hazel but turned to a fiery gold when the sun hit them just right.

  I crawled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror the realization hit me...
"I am 18 today! Today is my birthday!" I excitedly beamed to myself. Where as most young adults just dreamed about leaving home and starting a life, I could only think about one thing. My Mate.
Since I was a pup, my mother instilled on me that I would find my mate one day and it would be the most magically experience. She described it as "a electrical spark with the most intoxicating of smells". She said I would know instantly. The love that I felt from my mate and the bond would be everlasting and the greatest gift I would ever receive.

We are werewolves. I come from Red moon pack and my parents are both alphas. My father had high hopes for a boy to carry on his lineage, but all they had was me. He still trained me as he would any future alpha. I grew up strong but as beautiful as my mother.

I inherited my mother's wavy blonde hair and curvy features, but I got my fathers eyes.
"Ohh I better hurry" I thought. "I bet mother has all the plans already together for a party to find my potential mate!"

As I rushed downstairs, I wasn't greeted with a big breakfast or smiles and hugs. Not even a happy birthday... I was met with my parents sitting at the table with regret all over there faces. My mother's cheeks still wet from tears..
"Whaaat.. is going on?" My voice cracked.
I was met with silence for awhile until my fathers voice broke.