.1.

"Taehyung, make me another Cosmo real quick, will ya?"

Liz's words barely even reached Taehyung, as the ear-splitting music that blasted through the giagantic speakers made it almost impossible to communicate without screaming. The continuous chatters, the loud laughters and the random yelling that accompanied some large groups of drunk and/or high customers were not really helpful to the situation either.

But, of course, Taehyung barely even noticed.

At this point, the fast rhythms and the quick reflexes that were needed in order to properly work in a club such as "The Loux" had become somewhat of a second nature to him. The lyricless music hardly ever bothered him anymore, the rude waitresses were part of his routine, the incredible amound of demanding orders were not even considered a challenge.

As for the ridiculously bold people, that seemed to cross specific boundaries while being intoxicated and put him in difficult spots, security always handled them with the appropriate care.
They basically kick their asses out of the club.

Taehyung's working life was surely pressuring, but nonetheless enjoyable. Bartending was not exactly his starting plan, however he didn't mind where things were going after all. And this job was surely well-paid enough for him to bear Liz's annoyingly high-pitched voice or the extra hours that his boss demanded of him to stay and clean up the bar after huge rave parties.

As quickly as he could, Taehyung rushed to one of the waitresses and asked her to bring him a closed bottle of Vodka. The moment he lost her in the massive crowd that filled the dance floor, his attention was caught by the sudden appearance of a large group of young men, all dressed in black and red clothing, totally matching the atmosphere of the whole club.

What made Taehyung pay attention to them in the first place was the way their bare existence made the crowd split in half. The way no one dared to stand in their way or even make themselves only slightly inconvenient to them. The way the waiters next to him where whispering to each other discreetly, drawing loots as to who will be the unlucky bastard that will be obligated to take their orders.

In conclusion, the way every single person inside the walls of "The Loux" both respected but also terribly feared them.

Those men, Taehyung thought, they seemed... dominant in a way. His stomach knotted in their presence. He couldn't quite understand why, but something about their sly looks, their cocky smirks and their not-so subtly "hidden" guns in their back pockets made the hair in the back of his neck rise.

"Lookin' at the BG gang, I see?"

Taehyung turned around and saw a sweaty, tired Liz placing her empty tray on the bar.

"Oh, so they're a gang huh?" Taehyung answered, raising an eyebrow. "Should've guessed it by the weapons."

"Everybody got weapons, Taehyung." Liz breathed heavily. "Not exactly a starting point."

"True that.." Taehyung said softly.
"How did you call them again?"

"The BG gang. They're kinda new here in LA, but they have been making a name of themselves around California. They specify on drug dealing."

"Like every other gang.." Taehyung scoffed, now uninterested on the subject and more worried about where the hell was that damn girl that he sent to the back of the club to bring him that bottle.

"Nah, don't say that. They're real good at hiding their traces. I don't think they've had one client that has been caught-"

"Not one?"
Now Taehyung was quite intrigued.
"No, that's impossible."

Liz gave him a nasty look for interrupting her, but continued, "I'm telling you, these guys are impossible to find. Their boss is way too smart for the cops to catch. I don't know how he covers after his members, but he had managed to make them look completely innocent and kept his hands clean off the dirty money.."

"And let me tell ya, he got plenty of that."

Taehyung scratched the back of his head.
"What's their bosses name?"
"Kim Namjoon."

Kim Namjoon.
It had a nice ring to it.
Taehyung liked the way it rolled of his tongue.

"How come you know all this shit, you gossipy bitch?" Taehyung smiled.
Liz cracked a laugh, before locking eyes with a table opposite to her, where a young blond woman was raising her arm, trying to catch her attention.
"Well, you know how it goes, mister Kim," she giggled, while she picked up her tray once again, "I learn, and you ask."

And with that, she discretely pushed a bunch of stoned teenagers that were blocking her path and disappeared from Taehyung's vision, the exact moment the young girl handed him the long awaited Vodka bottle, along with a bunch of empty excuses for her extended absence.

"It's fine, it's fine, I won't tell anybody." Taehyung assured her quietly.
Her expression immediately changed from complete panic to slight relief.
After all, it was extremely easy to lose your job around here, and she seemed quite new, meaning that she was just settling in the club's routine.

Taehyung smiled at her sweetly (an act that colored her cheeks a dark shade of red) before turning around and swiftly starting to make that Cosmopolitan a poor customer ordered ages ago.