Chapter 31: I'm Sorry, What!?

Meredith walked over to the couch and didn't stare at Sodapop. Soda stared at me and Steve before standing up. I simply stared at Steve. He stood up and towards the door behind soda, as I walked around the center table and sat on the couch with Meredith.

"Who was it?" I asked.

Soda and Steve gasped.

"Sandy!?" Soda said. I gasped as I got my answer.

Meredith just looked down at me and shook her head. Tears forming in her eyes.

I heard a baby babble.

My eyes went wide.

"He's your kid soda." I heard sandy say.

I simply stared at Meredith. I looked at the door and Steve stared at me. He scratched the back of his neck and came towards me and Meredith.

"I think it's best if we leave. So they get the chance to talk." Steve said. I stared at Meredith and she nodded. We grabbed our bags and walked towards the door.

As we walked past. Soda grabbed Meredith by the waist and placed a kiss on her lips. "I'll see you later babe." He said.

Meredith fake smiled.

"I'll see you soon" she said sweetly. And we left to the dingo.

Soda's P.O.V

"Come in." I told sandy.

She looked different.

A lot different.

She had long straight hair now. Her bangs had grown out. And she was holding a kid. My kid?

We walked into the living room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I wasn't about to let her ruin everything I have with Meredith.

"I've been saving up money to move back here. I worked as hard as I could when I was pregnant and, I came to tell you that I love you." She said.

I laughed.

"Now sandy. Now you come back? I was willing to marry you. I was willing to leave my whole family behind for you. I loved you. I wanted to start a new life with you. And you come back now?" I asked shaking my head. "Unbelievable"

"Sodapop listen. It wasn't easy for me-."

"You wouldn't read my letters. I sent you letter after letter and all of them. Each one of them, I recieved back in the mail a week later. Sandy. You don't get to stand here and tell me you want me back. Because you don't. And I don't."

"What changed in you? What made you change soda?" She asked laying the baby down on the couch and standing, wrapping her hands around my neck.

I pushed her off and walked around.

"My feelings did sandy. I met someone new. Someone that loved me above everything and everyone. She loved me for me. Not for what I had or didn't have like you sandy. "

She placed an offended face on. I simply chuckled.

"So what? We're going to ignore the fact that you were mad when you found out I dropped out of school? That I used MY savings to help pay for the funeral of my parents but you were mad because with that money I was gonna buy YOUR engagement ring? Are we going to ignore the fact that you CHEATED ON ME with a RICHER guy because I didn't have one dime to lay on? So now you're back? I moved on sandy. Meredith is a great woman. And frankly, I was hoping to never see you again." I said.

"But soda. This baby is the proof of the love we once had-."

"You're right. The love we once had. Because all that love I once had for you. Is dead now.." I said. She stared at me.

"You can't get me pregnant and leave!" She yelled hitting my chest.

"Correction, YOU left. YOU walked away. Knowing I would've married you whether that baby was mine or not!" I yelled as I stopped her hands from hitting my chest. She simply huffed and scoffed.

"Listen. I'm willing to take a test and see if he's mine. If he is, I'll co-parent. But there's no way in hell, you're gonna use that baby as a way to get back with me. Sandy, it's not gonna work. I love Meredith. You put me through so much hell. I was drowning and she was like coming back for air. It's like instead of looking at me and walking away she gave me her hand and helped me out. She's an angel. And I'm not loosing her. Not after I found her." In that moment I saw Meredith standing in the door. I hope she heard what I just said. Because it was true. It was like I was drowning and she was  like coming back for air.

"Meredith to me, is everything. She is my world"

Meredith stared and smiled at me sweetly.

Sandy simply stared at me and wiped a single tear.

"Well, I genuinely hope you two have a wonderful future. I hope you and Meredith live a life of pure happiness. I truly hope so." She said. My face softened.

She walked towards Steve and Elena.

"As for you, I'm glad you found someone who cares for you Steve. I wish you all the best. I'm sorry for coming." She said. She grabbed the baby and walked out of the door. Who knew if she was coming back...