Dave totally punks John

Karkat and Dave got back to the house with the groceries, which were mostly just snacks. Dave had just opened his second bottle of apple juice while he was waiting for Karkat to unlock the door. When Karkat finally managed to get the door open, he sighed going straight to the couch and flopping down while leaving Dave to deal with the snacks. He turned on the TV just as Dave sat beside him. "Not even going to put them away?" He questioned.

"Dude, do I look like I know where you keep all your shit?"

"... You-"

"Don't answer that. The point is, I don't know where they go." Karkat rolled his eyes, deciding he could take care of it later. He flipped through the channels, trying to find something good. He finally decides on a Hallmark channel movie.

"Dude," Dave said.

"What do you want?" Karkat responded irritably.

"These are, like, the shittiest movies ever."

"Did I say you had to fucking watch it with me?" Dave went silent after that, just staring at the screen. After a while, he burst out laughing. "STRIDER!" Karkat shouted.

"Oh, god, man. I'm sorry, it's just too predictable, dude. Holy shit."

"If you cannot watch it quietly, just fucking leave the room, you ignorant shit-stain! I'm trying to enjoy it, and you are interrupting!"

Dave did not stop laughing for a few minutes before Karkat reached over and pinched one of his grubscars, hard. "OW! That hurts, man!"

"I know," Karkat huffed, rewinding the movie so he could see what he'd missed. Dave rubbed at his side a little before quickly taking his hand away. Wow, were those things sensitive. He looked over at Karkat before reaching to prod at a rather sensitive bruise he got falling off his skateboard the other day. Karkat hissed and moved his hand to the arm where Dave had prodded. "What the fuck?"

"Payback," Dave shrugged.

Karkat growled at him, standing up and grabbing the front of his shirt. "Strider, I will make you regret ever having been put on the face of this planet."

Dave just chuckled. "Aw, man. Dude, you cannot do the growl right."

Karkat used both hands to lift Dave off the couch by his shirt, surprised at how easy it was. Dave furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed at Karkat's hands, tugging at them. "Hey, wow, what the fuck?"

Karkat grinned. "Sweet godtier strength. Makes things a lot fucking easier."

"No, dude, shut the hell up. That's my godteir strength, I earned it, you can't use it."

Karkat didn't respond, just held him there for a minute. This was still oddly new to him. That face he was making was very Dave, and it didn't look quite right on his features. "Hey, quit that."

"Quit what?"

"Making that dumb face."

Dave raised an eyebrow, his face otherwise unchanging. "Shut up, your face looks even dumber. If anything I should tell you to quit ruining my perfect face with such a stupid expression."

Karkat scowled further and bared his teeth in Dave's face.

"Dude. You don't look intimidating with those flat teeth. Stop trying."

Karkat sighed, dropping Dave and going to the kitchen to put up the snacks. Dave got up to follow, rubbing at his ass and grumbling something about it being "not cool." Karkat ignored him in favor of putting a bag of popcorn in the microwave. He waited for it to finish popping before taking it out and putting it in a bowl so he could eat while he watched a movie. Dave huffed and went into the bedroom. He sat and played on his phone a little while before setting it aside and deciding to take a shower. Not long after he'd turned on the water did Karkat come to the room a knock on the door. "Dave? What are you doing?"