Milo knows better

"Hey, I'm Joshua" - the grin got wider, - "And I'm assuming you're gonna be giving me that look for a while longer".

Dylan caught herself staring at the chocolate eyes of the curry haired guy next to her.

"You look so different from on-screen"-Dylan pointed out.

"Yeah, I get that a lot."- Josh looked away, - "Also that I look like a toothpick"

"My brother gets that a lot too" - Dylan smiled, - "But he's also shorter than average so that's more of an issue"

"That's funny, short genes run in the family?"- Josh smirked.

"You could say that"

"I'm sorry I didn't quite catch your name"

"That's because I never told you what my name was"

"Wow you always know what to say, don't you? And you were introduced by Milo, I just didn't quite hear it"

"Oh", - Dylan mentally facepalmed herself, - "I'm Dylan. It's nice to meet you!"

"That's your name? I thought it was some guy Milo introduced! Who would possibly name their daughter Dylan?" - Josh laughed.

"Hey, I love my name! It's unique!" Dylan hated when people made fun of her name, quickly changing her mind about Josh.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just weird" - Josh was quick to apologize, - "Anyway, would you like to dance? Or do you already dislike and can't stand me?"

Dylan didn't know how to respond, she wasn't a big fan of the boy but also didn't want to seem impolite. While her eyes searched for Milo, Josh took that as a sign.

"Right, sorry. I should've known better" - and so he left Dylan alone with her thoughts.

The party didn't run too late, with most people leaving by midnight. Chandler had to be on set for her new project in the morning, and she had to make sure to get at least some sleep by that time. She wasn't even sure about throwing the grad party in the first place but, seeing as that was her last chance, she took it.

Caden had to leave earlier, leaving Dylan to find a ride. As usual, Milo came to the rescue.

"Hey Conrique, it's time to go home" - he patted her on the back as a bro.

"Are you sure you can give me a ride? It's so far from your home!" - Dylan knew that dropping her off meant he has to travel three times the distance to his house.

"It's either that or leaving you behind so" - Milo smiled, - "Get in the car and fasten your seatbelt"

Dylan obeyed, as always. Over the last couple of years, Milo has proven to be so responsible that he was even asked to babysit his mom's friends' kids. They were also very excited when he put some temporary green dye on and pretended to be Zed. Needless to say, he followed all the rules and excelled academically while building an acting career, making him a perfect example for other kids in the parents' eyes.

"So I saw you met Josh", - Milo started the engine.

"You saw that? Where were you then? I was looking for you!" - Dylan exclaimed.

"Sorry I was dancing with Sofia" - Milo smiled, - "And I just assumed you two were having a good time by the way you were smiling so why would I bother?"

"Because he made fun of my name and then asked me to dance with him"

"And you refused? You could have made fun of his dancing, he can barely move his hips!"

"Just because you were a runner-up on Dancing With the Stars doesn't mean people others can't dance at all!" - Dylan was offended.

"I didn't say others can't, Sofia definitely can and you can, sometimes. It's mostly Liv and Josh who can barely move"

"You and Sofia huh? What is that all about?" - Dylan smirked at her best friend.

"Not what you think, she's too young for me. At least right now. Maybe someday." - Milo smiled back.

"True but you too would be so cute together! And you could become a dancing duo of Disney!" - Dylan always shipped the two as they danced together at all events.

"Don't try to change the subject, I'm here trying to tell you to give Josh a chance. I think you could be great friends. I gave him your number"

"You did WHAT?" - Dylan yelled.

"I thought it might be nice for you two to get to know each other better"

"If he texts me I'm not responding."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to talk to some stranger"

"He's not a stranger, he's a fellow actor who is also an incredible person. Please give it a chance. For me?" - Milo gave Dylan the puppy eyes.

"Uh, Okay, only because we're almost at my place and I know you'd take another turn to have time to persuade me if I say no now."

"That's right, but you won't regret it", - Milo winked stopping the car, - "Now get out of my car and get some sleep. I'll be here first thing tomorrow to tutor you for the SAT"

That's right, Milo also tutored many of his friends and relatives, without even charging them anything.

"I love you but I hate the SATs! Why do I even have to take them? I don't even know if I want to go to college!"

"You need to keep your options open, there's nothing wrong with a chance of getting a higher education degree." - Milo put on his nerdy face and smiled.

"I don't like it when you're right" - Dylan opened the door of the car, - "Thanks for the ride Milo, good night"

"Night. I'll wait to see that you're in the house and I'll drive away"

And so he did. As Dylan entered the living room of her house, she heard Milo drive away. Stopping by her parents' room, she made sure they knew she was home and wished them both goodnight. Dylan also stopped by the open door to Caden's room, seeing that he isn't asleep yet and wishing him good night and good luck for the next day. He has recently been taking more projects and working longer hours, which bothered Dylan but she understood that he's trying as hard as he can to become better and more valuable for the industry.

As Dylan was ready to sleep, she checked her phone for the last time. There were pictures from the party and messages from people who she didn't see at the party but were looking for her. Checking all the chats, she stumbled upon a new number that sent her one simple message:

Hey! It's Josh. Sorry if I didn't make the best first impression, just wanted to let you know it was a pleasure meeting you! Hope you got home safe and I hope to see you again soon. Good night!

Dylan smiled at her screen, typing in a response. Maybe Milo was right and she should give him a chance?

Here's chapter 2! Please let me know if you like it and/or what you'd like to see me add or change! Thank you for reading this!

A special shoutout to @rosslynchluver02 for being my first active reader! Thank you for giving me motivation to write more!