𝟎𝟎𝟗 - 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

〈〈 s l a y h o u s e 〉〉

━━━━ chapter nine ━━━━

never be alone by shawn mendes

" i liked this conversation a lot better when we were still strangers to each other "

━━━━━━━━

TO SAY JADEN was nervous, was the least you could ever say to describe how he was feeling about being in a house alone with the human he hurt the most. not even mads had to go through as much as lacey had been through because of jaden and he was aware of that, without the girl ever telling him.

since he knew that lacey was sleeping because evelina told him to let her get some rest, jaden decided to make something special for her. he knew that a simple sorry wouldn't be enough to restore the friendship and even though it was a lot to ask for, that's exactly what he wanted. he really wanted his best friend back.

in front of him, there was placed a big plate with some fruits on it, many more to come. lacey loved fruit and jaden knew that.

next to the plate there was a giant mug of tea, peppermint tea. it was lacey's favourite and she preferred it without anything else in it. jaden knew that.

jaden knew the simplest things about the young woman and he wanted her to know that. she should know that even after he hurt her so badly, after he let their friendship fade away, he still remembered her. he never forgot about her.

at first he considered waiting downstairs until she came down or something, although making the tea wasn't such a smart move when following that strategy. but then, he heard a cough and without hesitation, jaden grabbed the plate and the mug to storm upstairs the most careful way possible.

lacey heard the loud noises jaden was making when simply walking up the stairs and couldn't help but chuckle a little. all the nervousness she had felt before her amazing nap had disappeared and now her true self was back; the strong independent woman she was, who left her as soon as jaden had decided to refollow her on instagram.

a soft knock sounded from her door and lacey responded with a simple "come in", waiting for jaden's face to appear.  the boy hesitated before actually opening the door. without a word he carried the food to her bed and handed it to her as he put the mug on her night stand.

"i made you some fruit and a peppermint tea, have fun", he said, turning around to leave immediately. as soon as his face was out of lacey's vision, he literally wanted to hit himself. the situation was supposed to be full of confidence but all he did was sound stupid. have fun? she's not going on an adventure or something, she's eating berry's and apples.