Seven

⚠️TW//high⚠️
(Discussion of assault, physical and sexual)

Things are more than hazy for Megan, the only two things she can seem to keep in her mind longer than a fleeting moment are two pairs of eyes. One pair is brown and soft, safe and concerned, Familiar and homely feeling. The other pair is blue, but cold and frightening. Unfamiliar but forever etched into the inside of her mind.

"Meg, Meg." Someone is combing their fingers through her hair softly, "Meg, can you wake up?"

Slowly she lifts her eyelids, her head hurts, her whole body aches, but more than anything part of her hurts in a way it shouldn't, part of her burns with the feeling of being violated. Opening her eyes means she has to come to terms with reality and reality is she was raped...

"Meg, shhh. You're safe now." Calum. His warm coffee colored eyes laced with concern as he brushes his hand through her hair again and again. "Don't cry, Meg, you're safe."

"Where are we." She asks quietly, afraid to look around.

"I called the paramedics. I took an Uber to the club so I didn't have a car. We are at the hospital."

She just nods, closing her eyes again tightly, she does remember the flashes of bright lights now, the swarm of people entering the bathroom, needing Calum to stay close, needing his familiarity.

"Meg, you have to tell us what happened, they have to know so they know how to help you." Calum keeps his voice low, not seeming to mind when she reaches out to grab his hand, needing the support.

"He- He raped me, Calum." She sobs. 

"Do you know who it was?" Calum's voice somehow even softer.

"No. I was mad when you showed up. I wen-went to the bathroom to clear my head. He st-topped me on the way there and I told him to leave me alone. He was wa-waiting outside the women's bathroom when I left. He was too big, I couldn't fight him off." She sobs, "He, he touched me, he choked me, he, he raped me." Her eyes find Calum's needing his safe brown ones to push the evil blue ones from her minds eye. "I blacked out. I don't remember much but I know he did."

"I believe you, Meg, you-" he sighs, "You look like you've been abused, Megan."

"You were right." She whispers, looking away from him.

"What?"

"You told me I'd get hurt if I went out."

"No! Meg, no. I was being an overprotective ass. I was being a jerk. You had your wits about you, you weren't making stupid choices. And even if you didn't it's none excuse for someone to do this to you. You should be able to go to a club with your friends and be fine. You've done it for years. This is not like that. This is an asshole taking advantage of a pretty girl because he's a sick bastard." He frowns, "this isn't an I told you so moment, Meg. This is a fuck, I'm glad I showed up even knowing you would kill me for coming."

"I wish I'd marched up and told you off... I wish I'd made a scene about you coming instead of trying to not give you the satisfaction of knowing you pissed me off." She cries.

"It's going to be okay, Meg, but you were raped." she nods as he says it noticing the slight crack in his voice as the last word falls, "They need to do some tests to see if he left any DNA behind, or anything else."

"Stay with me. Please." She asks quietly.

"I'm not leaving without you, Meg. I am going to grab the doctor though."

"Thank you, Calum. Thank you for following me there. Thank you for finding me." she adds as he moves to stand.

"I am so glad I did too." He nods, leaning over to press a soft kiss to her forehead the same way Michael or Ashton would before stepping out of the room.