𝐯𝐢𝐢. it was an accident

×

       THE FOLLOWING MORNING NYX WAS THE FIRST "AWAKE". She'd been escorted out of her tent by Arthur Weasley, who was very wary to give her back to the Malfoys but couldn't do anything about it. Severus was Nyx'd legal guardian and he hadn't given permission to Mr. Weasley to oversee Nyx.

Nyx rubbed her sleepless eyes. She hadn't slept and so there were bags under her eyes, and her body was begging her for sleep, but Nyx chose to ignore it. She stared ahead of her to find Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco standing a few paces away outside the Weasley's tents looking at them as if they were filth.   

"You'll be alright, won't you, Nyx?" asked Mr. Weasley, concerned was laced around each one of his words as he grimaced at the Malfoys.

Nyx was silent for a moment. She carefully observing the Malfoy family. They looked perfectly put together ... almost too perfect considering what had happened just the night before. Nyx was suspicious of them as she would have expected they looked more shakeup or dishevelled. 

"I can take care of myself, sir, no need to worry," Nyx finally replied. 

She'd smiled at the man reassuringly, but instead of seeing him relax Mr. Weasley looked at her with a sympathetic expression. Nyx blinked, bewildered by his emotion. She couldn't understand ... why was he sympathetic? 

"It's okay to ask for help, we'll be here if you need it," said Mr. Weasley.  

Nyx was appreciative but currently didn't want to discuss anything. She told a quick glance back at the tents remember who was sleeping inside of them. Nyx knew that Mr. Weasley already had his children to worry about, plus Harry and Hermione. It felt selfish to pile on her problems when his plate was full — no, Nyx didn't want to burden the man more than she had to. 

"Could you possibly tell the others goodbye for me? It looks like I'll be disappearing on them again," she chuckled half-heartedly which the man took notice of. 

"I will." 

"Thank you again, sir, for everything," Nyx waved goodbye and went to rejoin the Malfoys and as she did her smile faded. 

No words were exchanged between them. Not when they all returned to the tent, not when they gathered their things, and not when they travelled back to Malfoy Manor. It wasn't as though they had anything to say or anything they wanted to say. 

It wasn't until they had entered the massive home that Narcissa had tried to strike up a conversation with Nyx, but Nyx ignored her. She walked past the woman and ran up to lock herself away in her room. 

Nyx collapsed, barely making it to her bed, her knees hit the floor hard, but she had no time to be concerned about that. Instead, she was clenching the front of her shirt, eyes watering as she felt pain her chest — pain she'd never felt before. Then, it felt as though she couldn't breathe, almost like she was being choked.