The First Time

Okay so y'all wanted Erikleen smut so I'm not gonna do that. No, I promise I will, but I wanted to share this with you guys first. For the first time in FOREVER (hello and welcome to Frozen. I am your host: Anna), I actually like what I've written, so I really hope you guys do too. But, I want HONEST feedback. I have tough skin; don't be afraid to criticise me!

Okay so I usually write the prologue after I've written at least 10 chapters, but I'm currently working on the second chapter so that doesn't exist yet. Basically this story is inspired by the song 'the first time ever I saw your face' and it's so so cute and I feel like the song really relates to Erikleen. Anyway, ENJOY!

Chapter 1 - Your Face

The first time ever I saw your face

Erik Stocklin entered the waiting room for the auditions, twitchy and slightly too nervous for his own good. Glancing around his surroundings, he noted the several men, mostly older than him, with a few his own age and slightly younger interspersed, sat on plush ribband blue chairs. Many of the men were idly flicking through magazines, checking their phones and some just sat back in their chairs, a casual smile playing on their lips. Though their nonchalance would fool most, Erik knew that beneath these veneers were a crowd of scared little boys. Every actor had a different reason for entering the business, and though Erik wouldn't confess to it, he didn't happen upon the theatre by chance.

Sitting down on the chair closest to him, Erik opened the script to scan through the scene he had been asked to read from. He scratched his head through the khaki green beanie that he had positioned for an air of mystery, but now just made his head itchy, and made him feel like the emo teenager he once was. Off with the beanie. He looked down at the rest of his outfit, hoping it somewhat emitted the correct energy for the part. Having studied the script for a few days, he had gotten a relatively good idea of what the role entailed and had tried to dress accordingly. However, in hind sight, the green cardigan and tropical shirt weren't exactly the most coherent combination.

They were auditioning in some random order that Erik couldn't make head nor tail of, but he went along with it anyway. According to the sheet he had been given upon entry, he was going to be auditioning first. Typically he tried to audition close to the start or the end of the time slot so he wasn't exactly disappointed by his early audition. He knew as well as any theatre kid did that by auditioning early, everyone has to match up to you, and by auditioning later you're fresher in the minds of the board.

"Mr Stocklin?" The voice yelled again some ten minutes later. "You're up." Erik stood up with a sharp intake of breath. He could feel the adrenaline pulsating throughout his body.

Entering the audition room, he stared at the banquet table of faces prepared to judge his performance. This particular set up was not like any he had seen before. There was a camera with a flashing red light, presumably meaning it was already filming, to tape all readings and the sheer quantity of people there for the first season of a show surprised him. He turned to face them, his shoulders back, trying his best to keep a good posture.

"What happened?" One of the people at the table asked. He quickly realised they were reading immediately without introduction and that the woman was not referring to his bro tank.

He blacked out most of the audition. It happened regularly to him when he auditioned but it still irritated him. The worst part was that he could never tell how successful it had been afterwards. However, unlike most auditions, he remembered the last bit of this one.

"Well that's 'cause you're smart." The brunette woman he was reading with turned her head to look at him for the first time before turning her attention back to her script. He continued running his lines, slightly confused as to why she wouldn't look at him. After his final line, he made a dart away from the door and out of the camera frame (or so he hoped).

"Thank you for your time, Mr Stocklin." One of the men at the banquet table shot him a small grin. "We'll be in touch." Erik gave a single nod and left the board room silently. Something internally gave a slight pull at him, and he turned around to look back into the room. The woman he had read with was staring at him, her eyes boring into him. He smiled at her. She seemed shocked, but returned it hesitantly.

Erik left the building and returned to his car, somewhat satisfied with his audition, but he couldn't help wondering why the brunette had been so odd during their reading and afterwards. He tried to shrug the feeling.

"He's our Patrick." Colleen whispered in a surprised daze after Erik had left. She turned to look at the panel, a beam forming on her face. "He's our Patrick." Repeating it louder this time, she glanced at her brother. "Right?"

"I have to agree with Colleen." Chris replied. "He does seem to match the script incredibly well." Other people murmured in agreement with the siblings.

"We still have to watch the others audition though," The casting director seemed to think this was a necessary reminder. "Your perfect Patrick could walk through that door any moment now."

"He already has." Colleen was sure that this man needed to play the part. Her head had been overflowing with these characters for years now, and one of them had just come to life before her very eyes. She refused to let that pass her by. 

Chapter 2 - The Sun Rise

I thought the sun rose in your eyes

It was day five of filming and Colleen was exhausted. She was used to little sleep from her job on YouTube, often finding herself editing well into the early hours of the morning, but this was different. This was fatigue, yet somehow she didn't seem bothered by it. Sure, she felt like the walking dead most mornings, but the second she'd arrive on set she would remember why she was doing all of this - why she was only sleeping two hours most nights. Her show was her baby, and Colleen meant to guard it with her life.

She checked the time on her phone: 2,36 in the morning. No wonder everyone was grumbling about how late they were filming this scene.

"It's late, right?" A low voice asked from behind her, clearly as oblivious to the early hour that they were working as she was.

"2:36," She replied, turning around to face him. "You can go home, Erik. It's only scenes between me and Steve until 8."

Erik thought about it for a minute, "I might as well stay here. Should only be an hour or so, right?"

"Yeah, but we might run over. We could go until 4, and then you'd get less than 4 hours of sleep." Colleen rambled. The later (or earlier in this case) it got, the more she tended to waffle.

"I want to watch the sun rise, anyway."

She nodded, recalling the fleeting memory of him sat on the wall outside watching the sun set over the top of the building at whatever time it had set. Time appeared distorted in this place, and she often forgot how late it was.

Erik wandered outside to reposition himself on the wall, perhaps a couple of feet off the ground. The sky was beginning to streak with orange, colours splattering across it, as if an artist was sculpting his newest oil painting on the dark canvas of the night before his very eyes. Nature fascinated him. The simple ideology that such a dull concept as the sky could emit such gorgeous colours had always entertained him, but now more than ever, surrounded by the silence of the usually bustling city of Vancouver, nature seemed so immensely important.

Okay so this chapter would go on to talk about Colleen coming to sit beside him and her sorta talking to him about her job and why she's playing an ugly lipstick covered girl (jk everyone's beautiful and Colleen somehow stays FLAWLESS as Miranda like wtf I look like the ugliest human without makeup) but yeah. Lemme know what you guys think :)

As requested the next chapter will be censored Erikleen smut hehe