Chapter 1: Two Real - Estate & Love

Zuri slightly shudders when she feels the delicate touches of cold fingertips below her waist inside her pajama pants. She smirks with eyes still closed. A warm, minty breath is felt and smelt near her ear. Followed are feather-like kisses being placed on her neck.

She hums in satisfaction as she lies on her back.

"Babe, wake up." Her soft yet deep, raspy voice sounds between kisses through her ears stirring her from her slumber.

She tries to remove her hand from the rousing position that woke her, but Zuri grabs her wrist. "No, keep it there." Her voice is barely above a whisper.

"Mmmm. We don't have time for that. You gotta get ready." She retracts her hand out from under her waistband.

And with that reminder and loss of contact, Zuri opens her heavy-lidded eyes. She slowly turns her head and the second she does, a full smile etches across her lips.

She's met with the most lovable face one could wake up to. She looks deep into her warm and inviting eyes. They stare at one another.

"Hi." She blushes and bows her head.

"Hi."

They get silent. But not even a second into their silence does Coco speak again.

"Zuri, c'mon babe. Get up," Zuri groggily grumbles below her breath.

"Can I at least get a kiss?"

"Um, not. Swig some of that mouthwash and you can have possession of my mouth," She jokes as she rises from the bed and exits the bedroom.

"Ugh fine!" She kicks the covers off her body and gets out of bed ready to begin her day.

"Zuri, baby?"

Hearing her name, Zuri blinks from the outfit she plans to wear today and onto her girlfriend, Coco, who smiles curiously at her.

"Oh, hey. Good morning."

"Good morning. Excited for today?"

"Not really. But don't tell Teyonah that."

Coco chuckles and sits next to Zuri on their bed. "It's a big day for you, so I understand if you're nervous, but you worked hard for this."

Zuri's smile turns real. "I know. And that's why I don't want to mess up. You know?"

"Why even put that in your head?"

Zuri knows she's right. Coco stares at her with hope, and Zuri grasps her hand, pecking it. "I guess I just feel like this is my last chance. I've already changed my career like five times," Zuri admits. Coco nods.

"Can we talk more about this downstairs? I cooked and don't want the food to get cold."

"I know, it smells amazing," Zuri remarks pleasantly. "Let's go."

They're downstairs.

Coco is at the stove cooking the last of their breakfast while Zuri sets the table. While she cracks the eggs in the skillet, her voice rings out into song.

As usual, it's heavenly. And as always, it puts her at ease. She places the final item down and sneakily walks towards her. She stands behind her a few seconds and inches away admiring her curves.

She reaches out and wraps her arms around her waist. The sudden invasion makes her stop singing. Coco instantly smiles and leans her head back into her. Zuri snakes her head in the crook of her neck.