Chapter 20

Quick A/N. This chapter does get a bit heated. Nothing extremely intimate (and I know that this story is marked mature), but just a heads up. Enjoy:)

Game Night

Jethro and Hadlee sat on Jesse's couch together as the board game unfolded in front of them. However, neither of them were paying very much attention to the game night that the other lifeguards had insisted upon because they were immersed in their own little game of tease and retreat. Nothing that would draw attention to them, or so they thought, a brush of an arm while they were reaching for a card or the dice or fleeting eye contact when they were sure nobody was paying attention to them was the little contact they gave each other. The tension between the two younger members of the team was slowly growing though they tried to keep their behavior in check. However, their coworkers had begun to notice the subtle movements that suggested that the younger members would rather be somewhere else, doing something else. It wasn't a secret that Hadlee and Jethro had formed an intimate relationship over the several months since she had come into their lives and it was comical to the older men to watch them try to remain discreet in their actions.

Harrison was having an inward wrestling match on whether or not to say something but a look from Jesse told him to leave the situation alone. When the alarm on Hadlee's phone went off she glanced at it and read the message on the screen.

"I guess it's time for me to head home. I will see you all in the morning." Hadlee said standing and making her way towards the door.

"I'll take you home Hads." Harrison said standing and looking around for his shoes.

Jethro, still wanting to spend some time with Hadlee took the open opportunity.

"I can take her home Harrison, it's on my way and that way you can hang out longer." Jethro offered.

Harrison thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay, thanks Jeth. Be safe and I'll be home later. Night Hads." Harrison said.

"Night Hutz. Night everybody." Hadlee said.

The couple bid their goodbyes to the group and left the house. On their way home they sat in a comfortable silence, though the side looks didn't cease. Hadlee couldn't help but bite her bottom lip as they pulled into the parking lot of her apartment building. Jethro pushed the gear shift into park and sat for a moment. Hadlee leaned over the center divider slowly and watched her boyfriend for a moment before leaning closer to his ear.

"Do you wanna come up?" She asked.

Jethro turned to her and leaned his forehead against hers and placed a slow, deep kiss on her lips. He pulled away and smiled.

"I think I can do that." He said quietly.

Both Jethro and Hadlee tried to look casual as they made their way up to the fourth floor, though their level of success was questionable at best. Jethro's hands rested on Hadlee's hips squeezing them gently as she dug her keys out of her backpack. Her task was only made more difficult when she felt her hair being pushed aside and hot breath was blown against her neck. She bit her lip harder trying to keep her moan internalized.

"You're making this really hard." She groaned.

She felt Jethro chuckle before he placed an open mouth kiss against the base of Hadlee's neck. Hadlee's eyes nearly crossed as her head fell back against Jethro.

"I-I don't think my neighbors wanna see this." She muttered.

Jethro chuckled again.