Chapter 12

Title: Call in the Technicians

The Early 70's

At a nuclear missile control center, three pods are activated and opened up. Inside, a red alert has been set to indicate the launch of the missiles. A nearby officer immediately looks at his operator. "I didn't authorize a launch, abort!"

"We're not launching sir, something's pulling them out of their silos!", the operator said shocking his officer. As the nukes are pulled towards the sky, a ship floats nearby the area.

Back inside the building, Vilgax enters and his drones shoot the officers to make way, since this was the early seventies, he look he bore a resemblance to his current counterpart, however, he has red veins across his arms and his mouth is visible. His tentacles are also darker at the ends.

He looks around to see if he can take anything he can use. Someone then shoots down one of his drones, then directly at him. He blocks the weapon fire in success. He looked up to see two men in blue suits are armed with heavy weaponry and they seem to be going after Vilgax, one of them even had their arm merged with the weapon. "Phil.",

"It's over Vilgax! You're going down!", Phil said arrogantly.

"Many have tried, but they were all executed by my hand.", Vilgax boasted, not confidently but as-a-matter of fact.

"Until today squidface.", Phil runs after him, but Vilgax jumps up and kicks his helmet off, revealing Phil's true face. He's a well shaven man with sideburns and a pompadour

As Vilgax holds Phil captive, he threatens the other man in the suit by pointing his weapon at Phil, then unfolded his mouth to show sharp rows of teeth that goes down to an endless pit, or what seemed it.

A nearby drone then activates another missile. "Back away, or would you like one of your pitiful cities be destroyed?", Vilgax said, his demon mouth not even moving. "If not, lay down your weapon. Unless you want me to remove your other arm," he said as he pointed the blaster at his one good arm.

The man in the identical suit does as told Congress detaching the couplings connecting the large Gun to his prosthetic arm and dropping it.

"You can't just let him get away!" Phil said with a shocked expression.

The man let out a laugh. "Never said I would kid," he said as a tiny little gun formed out of his wrist shoots and shot out a laser that knocks the gun off of Vilgax's hand.

Phil then pushes Vilgax off of him. "You should've taken my offer," Vilgax said as his drone had completed the hacking, and was about to sent it off.

"Oh really? Good thing my timings perfect," the man kicked up the gun he dropped shoot a rubber-like material directly at Vilgax to send him along with the explosive.

Vilgax looked at him in fury, his mouth folding back ad he tried to rip himself free, but failed.

The man removes his helmet and Vilgax is angered by his tactics on stopping his plans. "I'LL KILL YOU, YOU PITIFUL HUMAN! MARK MY WORDS!!!!!" He roared in pure anger before being launched into the sky.

"What are you doing?!" Phil looked to his partner/commanding officer.

"Sending Vilgax off what do you think I'm doin?" The man said as he pulled off his helmet, revealing a familiar face, with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes, that man is none other than Max Tennant, in the past

They watched as that nuke was launched and collided with Vilgax's old flagship.

Present Day