5.

Excuse mistakes.
Might edit later

Carina

After successfully getting off the plane with Deaven here I was, fussing with my bags.

"Listen here, midget. Don't move" I said sternly to her as I slowly placed her feet to the ground.

Something just told me as soon as I put her down she was going to take off.

A day ago, to my surprise, she started walking. Well, to explain it better Deaven knew how to walk she just didn't do it well. Because of that she always chose to crawl but yesterday she walked and even after she stumbled she got back her.

I was so happy I got it all on video. The only reason she stood was to reach my cheesecake but who cares.

My baby was trying something at least.

As her toes touched the surface I instantly felt her knee lift until I pointed to her.
She was about to take the hell off. Deaven was smart as hell for her age and she knew what she was doing was bad cause her little ass smiled.

Just when I got the backpack on my body properly she disappeared from my peripheral.

"Deaven!" I screamed out of fear dropping my carry-on.

I went to snatch her up but someone grabbed her instead causing my eyes to widen.

"Where you going pretty girl" My eyes quickly shifted to my dad who was standing two inches away from me with her.

All I could do was sigh of relief once I locked on his smiley face staring at Deavens. I never wanted to see my dad so bad in my life.

Dragging the back of my hand across my eyes my lips squeezed willing looking at their interaction. Deaven just stared at him. She hadn't seen him since he was 11 months. Whenever she was in somebody's hands who was unfamiliar she'd stare.

It was like she was trying to get a readout of them but she was only a baby. That was impossible, so I thought.

Shaking my head I detached my pupils from them. I totally left our things unattended so I went to get them.

"Hey mommy" I smiled at my mother who had her hands out for a hug once I turned around.

Wrapping her arms around me she rocked us back and forth.
"My sweet baby is finally home" She squeezed me.
"Look at you. You look gorgeous" She leaned back looking me over.

She shook her head in a motion to flip her hair over her shoulder. Her pretty smile warmed my heart. It took me to see my beautiful mother to realize I missed her dearly.

With a tight smile, I cleared my throat.
"Thank you, mom. You always look good"

"Aw don't heighten my ego anymore than it already is" She pulled me back into her as I lightly laughed.

Hearing my daughter's laugher followed by my dad's I glanced at them smiling. He was saying something to her that made her laugh in hysterics. She was so silly. You couldn't help but laugh back.

"Is he mad?" My smile dropped.

My dad was very stern about keeping the family together. He would say since he lost that with his he didn't want a repeat with the family he created. The thought of getting away from them wasn't uncommon for me growing up.

I was a troubled teen who wanted nothing more than to get away from my reality which included family. BUT, even with knowing that I still never pushed them away. The most I had gone without talking to them was a week.