v. new world order

CHAPTER FIVE:NEW WORLD ORDER

CHAPTER FIVE:
NEW WORLD ORDER

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

FREYA WASN'T SURPRISED WHEN Umbridge was made the 'High Inquisitor' of Hogwarts. The day following her incident with McGonagall, while everyone was whispering about it in disbelief, Freya simply watched on to make sure Solana didn't go off her rocker. The position was bullshit, yes, but Umbridge was nothing if not determined, Freya could give her that. Wicked to the core, she was intelligent in a borderline lethal type of way. She knew how to get what she wanted and that, in this new world order especially, was an incredibly dangerous thing. If she wanted Hogwarts under Ministry rule, Freya feared that was exactly what would happen.

As the muggle saying went, Umbridge could merely say 'jump' and Fudge would ask 'how high?'

Hence, she also wasn't surprised when Umbridge appeared in Professor Flitwick's Seventh Year Charms class the following morning. It took everyone a good minute to see the manically smiling woman sitting in the back right corner of the room, eyes locked on a nervously shuffling Flitwick as she scribbled words on the notepad pinned to her clipboard. In fact, Freya was the first to notice the woman, spotting the blur of pink from the corner of her eye and stopping mid-step down the aisle. George had ran right into her back, wincing when he knocked his shoulder against the base of her head, but it went unnoticed to Freya as she leant into him slightly and nodded at Umbridge. It was only then that her presence was really noticed by everyone held up by Freya, and boy did it cause an uproar.

"Settle down, now, settle down." Umbridge merely watched with an unimpressed scowl as Flitwick ushered everyone into their chairs pleadingly, Fred and George grumbling about their stolen spot as they shuffled into the second row behind Freya and Solana. Then, the class finally went quiet, waiting to hear what Flitwick had to say about the obvious intruder in the room. "Now, as you might have noticed by now, we have a special guest with us today..."

There was a derisive snort from Freya's right that everyone obviously heard, but Flitwick chose not to pay attention to it as he coughed over it awkwardly, hands nervously fluttering around as he spoke. A nervous Professor Flitwick was truly a sight to behold, one that Freya wasn't sure she'd ever seen in the seven years she'd been at Hogwarts. Flitwick was always so confident, determined, both in himself and in his teachings. But in true Umbridge fashion, she had managed to interfere where she wasn't wanted and shook the whole natural order of the room.

"Professor Umbridge is going to be watching you practice the Bubblehead Charm today, so if she comes around to speak to you at any point in the hour, please do your best to make her feel welcome."

"Like that'll happen," two identical voices muttered in response from behind Freya. A smirk tugged at her lips as she chanced a glance over her shoulder, catching George's amused eyes briefly before she turned back to the front.