part three

ANDREW

A daughter? I had a daughter and Rebecca didn't think that she should tell me about her. I was her father and I didn't even know that she existed.

When I was with Rebecca, I would always imagine a little girl running around our house. A little girl I could spend my money on and make sure she had nothing but the best. I would show her how much I loved her and I wouldn't ever let anyone hurt her. Even if it was the last thing I did, I would make sure to keep her safe.

"How do you know Rebecca?" I finally find the power to ask the question. When I met the glare of Alyssa, she looked like a rabbit who had been caught in the headlights.

"I do believe you have already worked that out. So why bother asking?" Alyssa replied. It was pissing me off that she still had the audacity to act like a total freakin' bitch given that she had just told me about my daughter.

"Don't play games with me. How the fuck do you know Alyssa?" I snapped, standing up from my chair and walking over to where Alyssa was standing. I pulled her back into my office and slammed the door closed, locking it at the same time to make sure no one intentionally walked in while I was squeezing her for every piece of information possible.

"Careful Collins. People might think you're about to fuck me," Alyssa said. Her tone was harsh and her expression was one of anger, even though she had nothing to be angry about.

I was the one who should be pissed, not the other way round. The Board had definitely done this on purpose because they knew that Rebecca leaving was my greatest weakness. It was the only thing to have ever broken me and, if they could break me again, they would finally be able to remove me as their CEO and give the position to my older brother.

When we were younger, Ben and I had been inseparable, but when our father unexpectedly died and I was announced as the CEO of the company, the two of us drifted away from each other. We still saw and spoke to each other but our relationship hadn't been the same since I gained the company and Ben was forgotten about.

"I thought I told you not to play games with me?" I repeatedly. I didn't usually repeat myself so I sure as hell wasn't going to do it for a second time.

"I was merely stating the dangers of you dragging me into your office and locking the door behind you," she shrugged. I noticed that she was looking around at the things I had in my office but the only thing she really stopped to look at was the picture of my daughter which was sitting on my desk.

It was the only picture I had of my daughter and I accumulated it after Rebecca's second scan. When she walked out on me, I put it in a frame and made sure to put it on my desk, just so I could remind myself that everything was real and not some figment of my imagination. I needed to know that I really did have a child out there somewhere and that I was actually a father.

"Stop messing with me. How do you know the bitch?" I hissed coldly. It was more demanding and threatening, a tone I hadn't used with a woman before, but the Alyssa was no ordinary woman.

She seemed to think she had the right to push my buttons and actually get away with it. It was clear that she enjoyed challenging me and showing me that I wasn't the one in control of this situation. It would seem there was someone other than Robert who was willing to stand up to me and tell me what she thought of me.

"Wonderful term of endearment for the woman you once loved."

"It's past tense for a fucking reason. She walked out on me and took my child with her," I paused as I took a step closer to her, my eyes boring into hers as I spoke again. "I feel nothing but pure unadulterated hate for her and, if I was to see her again, I would tear her fake hair from her head and take a pin to those things she calls a pair of tits."