Chapter 1: The News

Powerglide was almost skipping with glee as he entered the ark after his date with his human lover Astoria Carlton Ritz.
"Well someone sure is a happy guy." The voice of Sideswipe chuckled as Powerglide nodded happily.
"I did it 'Swipe! And she said yes!" Powerglide cheered.
"You... Asked Astoria to marry you?!" Sideswipe exclaimed in shock.
"And she said YES!" Powerglide squealed in delight getting the rest of the Minibots' attention.
"Congrats 'Glide!" Brawn chuckled as he gently punched Powerglide on the shoulder.
"That's great news! I gotta tell Prime!" Bumblebee exclaimed as he raced off to tell Optimus Prime the great news.

Meanwhile however with Astoria, she wasn't sure how her two new children were going to take this. Vivian Ashton was clutching her magenta stuffed kitten tightly to her chest and she had a deer in the headlights look in her dark grey eyes.
"Wh-What?! How long have you known this Powerglide?!" Vivian exclaimed in shock.
"I've known Powerglide for a while now." Astoria replied softly, knowing how nervous the teen was.
Vivian let out a sigh. Astoria sighed softly knowing that Vivian was terrified. The poor thing... having watched her birth parents get killed in an accidental bomb explosion had terrified the 17 year old girl to the point that war movies were a big oh hell no for her. Dallas Nelly, Vivian's older brother however was excited to meet the bot that would be his dad.
"So mom, what's Powerglide like?!" Dallas asked as he shook with excitement.
As Astoria started talking, Vivian slid into the hallway and she headed up to her room. She wanted to meet Powerglide but, she was very shy. The teen pulled her stuffed kitten closer to her chest and she rubbed her face against its plush head.

Astoria watched as Vivian crawled into bed before passing out almost immediately while Mariah Carey played over the radio.
"I'd better tell Powerglide about Vivian's PTSD..." Astoria mumbled as she slid downstairs.
Taking a deep breath, Astoria logged into her computer and she started FaceTime. Of course, as if on cue, Powerglide turned on his camera.
"Hi darling!" Powerglide exclaimed happily as Astoria smiled.
"Hi 'Glide." Astoria chuckled softly.
"Is everything ok? The cons aren't after you are they?" Powerglide asked nervously as he looked at Astoria's nervous face.
"No, They aren't. But I do have something I need to tell you." Astoria sighed as she leaned forwards towards the laptop.
"I'm listening." Powerglide responded quietly.
"You see, a good friend of mine and her husband were killed in an accidental bomb explosion. They had two children, one boy and one girl, so I took them in as my own... but the girl, Vivian has severe PTSD from the experience and she's scared of loud explosions so you better tell Wheeljack and Aura Prime so Vivian doesn't get scared." Astoria sighed.
"You've got it darling." Powerglide exclaimed in a chipper voice as he signed off.
"You'll be OK Viv... I promise." Astoria mumbled to herself before heading off to bed.

The next day, Astoria, Vivian and Dallas were on their way to the Ark. Vivian was clutching her stuffed kitten to her chest and she was shaking slightly.
"Vivian? Are you ok?" Astoria asked as she placed a hand on Vivian's shoulder.
"Just nervous." Vivian replied as she turned away to look outside of the cab window, all the while tightening her grip on her stuffed kitten.
"Don't worry sis." Dallas sighed as he pulled Vivian into a hug.
"Thanks bro." Vivian sighed as she snuggled into her brother's arms before dozing off.
"Oh boy... I'm nervous about this now." Astoria sighed as she shook her head.

Raoul paced around nervously around his driveway while thinking about how Astoria was going to react. The two had been friends since they were little and they had also had an even stronger bond in New York City but it still made him slightly nervous due to the fact that Raoul was more of a family man than the wild boy he used to be but that was beside the point. Astoria was always there for him... ever since Chip Chase's accident. Raoul never forgot that cursed day, seeing Chip pinned into the back seat of a flaming pickup truck and how (After Spike and Raoul freed him) he was wheelchair bound until 1996.

When the cab pulled up to the house, Astoria ran towards Raoul and she jumped into his arms.
"Oh it's so good to see you again old friend!" Astoria giggled as she punched Raoul gently on the shoulder.
"You too Astoria... wow... those two kids are gorgeous." Raoul gasped as Vivian curled into a closed off pose.
"This is Vivian, she has PTSD so be really careful around her." Astoria sighed as Vivian adjusted her headset,
Vivian waved slightly but she was more focused on her stuffed kitten. Raoul noticed that Vivian's brother was more of the chatter box. Suddenly his two kids came running outside followed by his next door neighbour's daughter. Vivian jumped back a bit but she settled as Astoria handed the teen her violin case which made her crack a smile.