Two Weeks

Two weeks.

That's how long it has been since I've talked to Maggie. That's how long it's been since I called Kelly and told her about the kiss. That's how long I've been sitting in the back of chemistry alone every day. I watch Maggie sit in the front, in the same general are of Faith, though they don't talk much.

That's if Maggie bothers to show up.

"Yo, Anderson." Catherines voice made me look up from my english assignment.

"Aye butch." I said, going back to writing.

Catherine and I have become really good friends over the past two weeks.

She was on her way to beat my ass the second she found Maggie crying, she instantly assumed I caused it. I don't get that because Maggie kissed me, then walked away before I could say a word. We've been avoiding each other ever since. Then, supposedly Maggie explained the situation to Catherine and now some how, we're best friends.

"She's not going, you know. So if you want to come eat with us..." Catherine hesitated by the door.

Maybe this is how we had become close?

She's always giving me Maggies location, to help us avoid each other.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay and call Kelly." I shrugged.

Kelly had forgiven me, almost immediately after I told her about the kiss. She said I did nothing wrong so she had no reason to be mad.

I made out with another girl behind a library...

That's a pretty damn good reason.

It almost made me wonder how she could forgive me so easily. I wish I was as good and kind as her.

She really is beautiful, inside and out and if I had lost her over some stupid fucking tonsil hockey session-

Okay, I need to stop that.

Every time I think about Kelly, I think about Maggie. Not in the way you would think.

I don't lust after her.

When I associate Maggie and Kelly, my mind explodes in anger to the point where I want to pull my mother fucking hair out. Maggie doesn't know me, she didn't help me get through the loss of Gram. She didn't stand by my side for two years no matter what. Kelly did that. I was perfectly fine.

Perfectly okay.

Perfectly comfortable.

She thinks she can just go and destroy all that with one fucking kiss because she 'wants me'?

It was selfish...

"You know, in that list you made of things you were before Mags kissed you, you never said happy." Catherine perched on the edge of my bunk.

Well fuck my mother side ways with a plastic spoon.

That's something else I've been doing these past two weeks.

No, not fucking my mother!

Ew!

I've picked up this habit where I'll go off on these rants in my head and say bits and pieces of them out loud.

"Excuse me?" I looked at Catherine like I had no idea what she was talking about.

"That list you just rambled off. You said you were fine, okay and comfortable. You never said you were happy." she gave me a knowing look.

You know the one where a bitch raises her eyebrow and cocks her hip out. It's usually sexy, unless it's pissing you off.

"I was fucking glorious!" I snapped sarcastically.