Escalation

Immediately after he had ended the call he knew that he shouldn't had done it. Perhaps Lucy was right, complaining about an issue with the products of the Company was never a good idea. He drew a little mor on this thought whilst he went into the kitchen and poored himself a cup of tea, stared at the milk dissolving in the hot liquid and contemplated on the issue and all the ways he had tried to deal with it. No, there had been no other solution then to call the Company and to complain about it. Actually he didn't complain, he just had asked them if they could help him with his issue or if the issue would be solved in the near future or if he could get an update or a probably if it wouldn't be too much trouble a - it was even hard for him to think about this word - a...replacement.

He scooped two spoons of sugar in his tea and while stirring the mixture he remembered George, what had happened to him when he had complained and what had become of his family after George's disappearance.

He went back into the living room and some of bits from the call came back to his mind; the voice from the background shouting "get this fuck off the line", "escalate his cause" and "set him on DSAT". DSAT - he had become a what they called "dissatisfied customer" and if they would not deal with him the word might spread and damage the reputation of the company seriously. He sat down on his couch taking a sip from his tea. Ouch - it was still incredibly hot. He started sucking on his lip and..

Suddenly, the lights went out. Every neighbour seemed to hold their breaths. Even the old lady's dog from two storeys below had stopped barking. The house fell completely silent.

He couldn't hear them, but he knew - the Care Team had arrived.