The Past and the Present

On the ground was a tattered book, ripped and destroyed. The blond boy laid beside it, beat up, and his feelings reflected the book's appearence. His heart was shattered, but he could do nothing for his beloved book. He could only watch as the boys stomped on the book, ripped out the remaining pages, and snickered at his devastated expression.

         It was his treasure, the book that gave him hope. Excitement. Happiness.

        A book that told him what made his parents want to take the risk, even though they could die in mere sconds. It was the book that encouraged him.

         It was the book of the outside world.

----------------------T. I. M. E. S. K. I. P.--------------------------

         When he first met her, his first thought was this: She's like me. She was a girl with silky (h/c) hair down, deep (e/c) eyes filled with intelligence, and a shy attitude. She was not really physically strong, just like him, but the thing that drew him to this girl was her goal, to go to the world beyond these walls. She was really like him.

         Soon he learned that her name was (y/n). What a beautiful name.

         He thought of her when he was training, when he was about to go to bed, when he was eating...

         He was in love with the girl.

-------------------------Your POV (YAY!) -------------------------

        You had a dream, a goal. It was to get out of these suffocating walls, away from the busy cities, into the wilderness of the outside world. Even though you were not strong, and you were viewed as the "shy" type, no one could stop you from yearning for an adventure, for freedom of the walls. You weren't strong to defeat the titans physically, but you had the brains to do so, just like the blond boy, who was adressed as "Armin" earlier in training.

        You liked him in first sight, he seemed to be like you. He wanted to see the outside world, and he was smart, just like you(yeah, admit it girl).

     You started daydreaming about him. You imagined yourself and Armin, in the "beach". You imagined holding hands, hugging each other, cuddling, talkng...

        You were in love with the boy.

------------------------------------Flashback---------------------------------------

       You looked up at your parents, up to their screaming faces. Your mom already died, the titan bit her in half. Your dad was in the titan's grips, but it was not for himself he was screaming for.

        It was you. He yelled, screamed for you to get out of here. Other titans were coming this way, but your legs didn't move at all. Youf (e/c) eyes were leaking with tears, and they went down your cheek, falling to the ground, droplet by droplet.

        You screamed in pain as your father got eaten, part by part. You screamed of agony, of pain, and of sadness. The titan reached for you also, but your legs stayed unmoving, despite knowing what situation you were in. Soon, a man with the Wings of Freedom came in, killing the titan. He carried you to the boat, gently letting your shaking form go. He smiled gently at you before going back to the giants, to help other people.

      You hugged your knees close, chocking on your own tears. All around you were depressed people, all of their faces showing grief.

       There were three people, one with black hair, one with brown, and the last one with blond hair. They looked about your age, and tears were spilling out of their eyes, just like yours. You made your way to them, and their attention shifted to you.

        "H-hello," you said, coming up with nothing else. The black haired girl nodded, the brunutte boy muttered back a weak "hi," and the blond boy merely looked at you.

        You sat next to the girl, trying to stop the tears that were streaming down your face. The ride was silent, all of you mourning for the terrible losses.

------------------------------------End of flashback-----------------------------------

        You fell to the ground, Eren winning once again in hand-to-hand combat. And like the other times, he helped you up, bringing you back up to your feet. You showed a faint smile at him, and when Shadis called out, muttered a thank you and walked away to find another partner.

        You looked around and saw that everyone had a partner except for Annie. You walked up to her, and she faced you, the same bored expression still on her face. You sighed and walked over to the blond girl, and faced her. 

            Two minutes later, your face was planted on the ground. Annie went easy on you. You looked up at her back and stood up suddenly. You ran over to Annie, and pulled her back by the shoulder.

             "Can you help me?"

             These were the first words that came out of your mouth to any trainee.

-------------------------------timeskip CUZ I CAN-------------------------------

          You pushed yourself off of the ground. You were flying wobbly when you fell to the ground. Luckly for you, a specific blond was nearby. Armin landed next to you, but none too gracefully, and inspected your sprained feet.

             You held your breath. He never talked to you, nor he knew anything about you, yet his touches were careful, gentle, and surprisingly, held a great amount of care in them. You stopped yourself from blushing, telling yourself that it was nothing. It's probably his nature.

                You failed to notice that the boy in front of you was trying to stop himself from blushing as well, but failing miserably, unlike you. Luckily you didn't notice his flustered face, as you were trying hard not to blush also. He gently held your lower leg, as if you were made of glass, and could shatter any moment. 

                "You've got a sprain, so I think that you should take the rest of the day off..." Armin trailed off, and you smiled at him.

               "Thank you, Armin," you said, and he looked at you in surprise. These words were the first words you said to him. But he soon shook it off, and looked at you in the eyes.

                "You're welcome, (y/n). Be careful!" he smiled, and you blushed a little, looking away. 

                Maybe some things will go as you wish.