training

Agency training is not a go-to-a-bodyguard/agent-school then boom you're there like many think.

When I was hired at the firm first, I was a secretary at the lobby. Damian was a doorman, and that's how we met. We didn't know much about the place we worked for, but as we worked there longer, we got bits of training. They were originally what we should do if an intruder gets into the building. Damian was taught to take down people swiftly, and I was told secret codes to call over the firm speaker from the back desk.

Though we never had to use this plan, it was our first look into agency fighting.

We didn't know it at the time, but soon our lobby pant suits turned into agent badges and concealed weapons.

Power you held in the firm all depended on how deep in the building you were.

Ex, Damian and I worked in the lobby at first. We were beginners, the underdogs. No power at all.

Before we had our lives relocated, we had an office space with the plastics on the second to last floor in the back of the building. We were the strongest agents. Our office was right underneath the bosses. I've heard rumors that the new guys put on triple H are fresh out of the lobby.

We aren't leaving anytime soon.

I sigh and put my notebook down. I wasn't an agent anymore, I don't know why I updated it. It had grown into more of a diary of sorts. I'm sure keeping a diary of your past life does not check the 'moving on in a healthy manner' box, but I can't bring myself to care.

I glance at the clock and get up to get ready.

It's December 29th,and Damian's opening night for a new show. I'm surprising him by inviting everyone to go. Obviously Shane will be going, we're always in the front row together, but the rest of our neighbors and the plastics will be surprising him there.

Damian left a couple hours ago to get ready. Opening nights are a big deal after all.

I don't bother changing my outfit, I wasn't painting today, so I was wearing my typical white soccer mom get up. It was getting cooler though, and I was yet to buy some nice jackets. I typically just stole a sweatshirt from Damian.

And tonight would be no different.

As I grab my favorite sweatshirt of Damian's, I also grab one for Shane. I can already hear Damian saying ' and I wonder where all my sweatshirts go' , but the man has his own fair share of Shane's. To be honest, I'm 99% sure I'm just in giving Shane his sweatshirt back right now.

I walk out the front door of my house as my neighbors leave as well.

"Hey guys!" I call out, running across the strip of land that divides our driveways.

"Janis!" Cady calls out, throwing her arms around my neck and pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, Cads." I grin, hugging her back.

We must be standing there too long because Shane coughs from behind Cady. "We get it, you're dating, but I would also like to say hello to Janis at some point."

I laugh as I pull away from Cady's embrace, only to be hugged by Shane and Aaron at the same time.

I used to not be very touchy. Only Damian was allowed to hug me. A hand on my shoulder would have me flinching, and anything more than a small touch made me squirm. But that was Janis Sarkisian. It's hard not to be touchy when you have such warm and kind neighbors.

"Oh Shane!" I say, remembering the sweatshirt. "I grabbed you this, since it's probably gonna get cold."

Shane's eyes light up when he sees the sweatshirt. "That was my favorite sweatshirt!" He grabs in and slips it on immediately. "Not to be that cliche, but it smells like Damian." He grins, holding the sweater up to his nose.