what a sight for sore eyes

cw: nsfw

♡♡♡

Detroit, Michigan
August 15, 2039
08:45:06 AM

The first thing Hank notices when he wakes up is the little circle of white light facing his direction, smiling before he lets out a yawn and stretches the grogginess from his limbs.

Today was the day he had been planning for at least a month now since the thought had first appeared in his mind- well, Markus had actually been the one to plant the idea in his brain when Connor had mentioned the leader had celebrated his one year anniversary of being activated in the form of a typical human-like party for him and a few of his friends. Connor had went to said celebration, not feeling right to deny the invitation from the man himself, and later mentioned it all to Hank in barely contained glee and excitement over the whole idea that androids could have birthday's too. Hank hadn't thought much of it to be honest, not until a few months after Connor had mentioned it- a month before now, but they had gotten incredibly closer together and he just wanted to give the kid everything. He deserved whatever his heart desired, even if Hank would half to settle for little things- he knew Connor would probably appreciate it anyways.

First thing was first though- since Connor was still asleep, he had to go get ready before he awoke from his stasis mode. He sighed, placed a gentle kiss on the the android's LED, and ruffled the fur atop Sumo's head, and made a B-Line for the shower.

♡♡♡

Connor let out a breathy laugh as he started to slowly come out of stasis, feeling Sumo kissing and slobbering all over his face; he didn't typically oversleep as Hank did most of the time. When he did, however, he was just setting himself up for the happy Saint Bernard to sabotage his stasis with a face covered in drool.

"Sumo, enough," Hank scolded as he sat down on the edge of the bed, showered, dressed, beard trimmed so it wasn't so scraggly anymore, and his hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail. Which he would deny doing for any other reason than Connor just liking it. "Hey there, honey. Nice of you to finally join the living." He teases, going to lean down to give Connor a kiss of his own, but giving it a quick second thought as he recalls all the wetness left on his face from a certain dog just a few seconds ago.

"Good morning, Hank." He fully opens his eyes now, moving up into a sitting position and moving around a bit.

His systems seem to all be in working order like expected, but he frowns a bit when he checks the weather forecast only to note that it's absolutely drenching the town in a thunderstorm. Then he's vaguely aware of the sounds of water pelting against the window in the bedroom, the thunder still lightly rolling, and heavy gusts of wind that sounds like it's moving the house and making it creak.

"Today's weather shows a 100% chance of thunderstorms, 63 degrees fahrenheit, and-"

"So basically piss pouring the rain all day like it has been since last night, and cold as hell too, huh?"

"Yeah..."

The slightly hurt look on his face breaks Hank's heart a little, he hates to see him get so excited about something only to be let down. Which only prompted him to make this the best damn day he possibly could for the android, given the circumstances.

"Hey, don't go all sad on me, at least wait for me to actually fuck up the rest of the plans before. I know you knew I was gonna take you out today, but that doesn't ruin all of it. So!" He brings a hand up to the top of Connor's head, brushing the stray curls falling in his face back and pressing a kiss to his forehead- obviously not wanting to give Connor the time to correct his self-depreciating comment, and smiles at him. "Go get cleaned up and dressed- and in something weather appropriate, I don't care if you can just turn off what you feel or whatever. Just dress warm and dry. I'll be in the kitchen."