nothing's gonna hurt you, baby

a/n: not gonna lie, this is kind of just something i needed to write after having a god awful nightmare this morning, so this is purely self indulgent to help me cope, lol. regardless, i hope you like it. it's not edited and it's my real first work for these two. ty.

twitter: uhtrashmouth

♡♡♡

Detroit Michigan
July 26, 2039
03:45:06 AM

Connor's eyes fluttered open when a harsh sound akin to a sob made itself out of his auditory box and past his lips, coming out a little more mechanical, but still resembling the unmistakable crying of a human. The thin veil that separated his mind palace from reality was hard to buffer, therefore he didn't necessarily have much time before he had inevitably let all of his crushing feelings pour out of him one by one. That seems to be what breaks him from his dream world and after the first noise is let loose into the open room, he gasps in an unnecessarily deep and shaking breath, and when he exhales, the sobs just keep coming. Tears are falling from his eyes and spilling down over his cheeks. His hand is trembling when he brings it up to slap over his own mouth to keep the noises from coming before he comes up with the brighter and easier idea to just completely shut his auditory box off completely so he can cry and be as loud as he technically wants, but nothing really comes out, effectively silencing himself as if not to wake the still sleeping man beside him in their shared bed.

He doesn't even really remember what the dream he was having was about at this very moment, but he knows he had been crying in the world made up cruelly by his makeshift subconscious, which had transferred itself to his emotions in the waking world where the crying didn't stop- he couldn't tell where the dream tears had ended, and the real ones began. It didn't really matter he supposed, they both felt just the same to him and he didn't like the vulnerability it left him in either way. If it weren't for the obvious knowledge that Hank was still in bed beside him and Sumo was laying down at the foot of the bed by their feet, he would have sworn he was completely alone- the aching feeling of it seemingly all consuming, like a hole in chest underneath his chassis and an unnerving pit in his stomach.

                                                      STRESS            

           ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀T O O  H I G H 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ʟᴇᴠᴇʟ ғ sᴛʀᴇss
                            8 5  %

He hadn't cried much since deviating, never let himself get to that point, but no one was truly able to hear nor see him right now, and he obviously needed a way to get his stress levels down as soon as possible least they get any higher than they are now and risking self-destruction.

Restricting his voice proves to not be entirely effective for the wet sniffling sounds he makes and his labored breathing, yet he's too far into his own head before he realizes just that, and Connor noticeably feels movement from beside him.

He attempts to quiet himself, taking in a few long and deep drags of air in and out, a calming method he found worked rather well for him and let him better concentrate on what he was focusing on, but isn't prepared for Sumo so much as he was ready for Hank to be the one up and worried about him.

The big dog seems to have caught on to the fact that something was wrong with his other person, owing to the other fact that he had awaken from his own deep slumber himself and started to crawl towards Connor slowly before he was completely in the android's lap; looking up at him pitifully and whimpering.