Teaser

Remington

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but the damage is just too great. Sebastian died on the operating table."

" What about Emerson?"

"He was pronounced dead on the scene. The water in his lungs made them shut down and by the time the paramedics got to him it was too late."

"Remington? Is he alive?"

"It was touch and go for awhile, but the surgeons managed to stabilize him. He's going to be okay."

"Paramedics are still pulling the wreckage out of the water."

"Remington?"

"Remington, can you hear me?"

I tried to sit up on whatever I was laying on but several pairs of hands pushed me to lay back down.

"Don't try to move, Remington. Save your strength. My name is Dr. Vasquez, do you know where you are?"

"Am I at the hospital?" I asked as I opened my eyes and immediately shut them again, "It's too bright."

"I'll have the lights dimmed. You're at Davis County Hospital. Do you remember what happened?" I opened my eyes again once the lights were dimmed, groaning at the pain I felt coursing through my body.

"No. It hurts. Everything hurts." I mumbled.

"The nurse is giving you pain medication through your IV now. I want you to try not to move so much, your body suffered a lot of damage."