Seamender~ a Seamus Finnigan and Lavender Brown HP Love Story

Lavender blinked.

At first she didn’t remember where she was, but as she tried to turn her neck, the pain reminded her. She had been attacked. By Fenrir Greyback. Was she a…? Well she didn’t feel any different but would you really be able to tell? Suddenly there was a loud crash and a shot of sparks out of the corner of her eye. The war! It was still happening! She jumped out of her cot only to be forced down by Madam Pomfrey on orders to let her neck heal more. She felt the neck of her shirt and her hand came back covered with blood. Lavender sat back down feeling light-headed.Then all of a sudden someone came up to her and wrapped two equally bloody hands around her waist, lifted her into the air, and twirled her around saying “You’re still beautiful to me Lav!”

Lavender clutched at his shoulders so her head wouldn’t fall off. Seamus set her down and kissed her. When he did, it reminded Lavender of that one night so long ago last year. She was equally surprised both times, but this time she did not pull away, but responded eagerly.

Last time she was sitting by herself on the stairs leading outside at the back of the castle. She had been crying so much, she wondered how she could still have any tears left in her. Ron had just mumbled about Hermione in his sleep when Lavender ran out of the hospital. She knew it all along that he liked her but then why did he kiss her back? Why did he pretend? She angrily threw a book at the wall behind her and nearly hit Seamus as he came around the corner. He stumbled backwards and Lavender turned so that he wouldn’t see her cry. He already knew, though, and went over to the stairs and sat next to her. Seamus whispered into her ear “You look beautiful Lav.” She couldn’t help but notice how much she wanted to reach out to him, to tell him everything, to let him help her feel okay again. She didn’t get the chance. He turned towards her and kissed her. She pulled away in surprise and they both flushed red. He stood up and walked back into the castle.

The next day, Lavender went looking for him but couldn’t find him anywhere. She knew he didn’t come down for breakfast because her eyes were glued on the doors the whole time and during classes, he was always with his friends. Maybe it shouldn’t be a big deal to her. Apparently it wasn’t a big deal for him. Did no one understand the concept of kissing anymore? Lavender tried to focus on her Charms homework that night she really did but for some reason she just couldn’t get Seamus out of her mind. Luckily for her, it was getting close to the end of term.

A month or so went by and Seamus began to say “hi” to her in the hallways again. Lavender developed a bigger crush on him every time he did. When Dumbledore died, all she wanted was to cry into Seamus’s shoulder where she knew she would feel safe. This year however, they had been getting closer at least close enough to call each other friends. When Neville, Luna and Ginny restarted the D.A. Seamus joined and Lavender thought this would be a better chance of them getting to know each other. Closer than friends. But of course, they were never given the same missions or had any time outside of the D.A. to talk with the Carrows around so they stayed in the “friend zone”. When Harry, Ron, and Hermione finally came back, to Hogwarts, Lavender realized how much danger following Seamus around was going to get her into… but she didn’t care. Then they were called into the Great Hall. Seamus slipped his hand into hers and she gave it a squeeze. She should have been more afraid but as Neville and Harry began to make a plan, she just got more and more excited.

It was Lavender’s idea to blow up the bridge. She went up to McGonagall and told her that they had to take out the bridge in order to slow the Death Eaters even more from getting to the castle. “Professor! I know exactly the person!” She ran to get Seamus and found Neville as well. McGonagall realized what Lavender’s plan was and went pale. Lavender explained and Seamus got that glint in his eyes that made her smile.

“Professor are you really giving us permission to do this? Blow it up? BOOM!” Neville said with no contained excitement.

“Yes Longbottom” she said bracing herself against the idea.