A liar's comeuppance

Hey! So I posted these in ao3 before, so if the one shots look familiar, that's why. Amd i wanted to transfer them here too so .... Ta da!

®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®

It all came to a head on his Lady's birthday. Just as well, if it was a moment longer, not even his lady holding him back would have stopped him from using cataclysm on Lila's smug lying face. he, personally wouldn't have even had to. Plagg would have been glad to do it for him

He supposes it started when Mari, in a last ditch attempt to salvage whatever friends she could in the class, wanted to invite everyone to her birthday party.

It went mostly horribly.

{("Hey! Guys! I was wondering-" she called and looked disheartened when none of them looked particularly interested. Adrien glared at the back of their head.

She shook herself off, and tried again,

"Guys! Next Tuesday is my- " and that was when the queen of liars made her grand entrance.

"Oh my god! You guys! Next Tuesday is the four year anniversary of mine and Clara Nightingale's friendship! You won't believe where I'm going to celebrate!" she practically squeals and obviously as usual everyone clambers towards her.

Finally giving up, Marinette slumped and walked away from the front of the class Chloe stopped her, whispered something that surprised the blunette. Then Chloe harrumphed and turned around like nothing happened. Mari still stared at her in shock and then smiled, a tiny little but genuine smile at her direction before walking back to their seat.

"Milady,...." he starts, not sure what he was going to say but needing to comfort her in some way.

"Chloe says she's going to come over after school for the party. " she stopped him with a rueful look,

Adrien sighed and side eyed their so-called friends. Mari grabbed one of his hands and squeezed a little.) }

He sometimes wonders if he should have some goodwill for Lila since she’s the reason why he found his lady and his princess are the same, but, then he sees his lady not invited to a class event or some of his classmates tries to ‘save’ him from whatever it is Mari is doing to him and whatever goodwill he had dries up like the sahara.

( When he lands on the rooftop Ladybug is already there. Having finished her patrol already. She didn't hear him land. So he took the time to study her. She has been slightly off lately. Nothing particularly noticeable but they’ve been partners for a while now. He knows his lady, he also knows when there’s something on her mind bothering her.

Which is why he can say with certainty that something has been bothering her for the last few days. Not to say that’s a new experience, there has been something going on with his princess too. That, he knew about, but it still hurt to see their everyday ladybug get ostracised. He repressed a sigh, so maybe he is terrible at giving advice.

Then he saw her shoulders shake minisculely and realized his lady was crying.

“Ladybug?” he called out softly, she still stiffened and rubbed her face to no avail.

"Hey Chaton, you done already?" her voice was hoarse and breaking his heart.

"Bugaboo…. Talk to me? Please? " he begged and like a dam breaking her shaking became more prominent.

"It's stupid and it shouldn’t bother me this much. I feel- I feel like such a loser." she gasps out as he hugs her gently holding her as she cries herself out.