Advice Needed (Authors Note)

Hey! So it's me, the author - obviously.

I know it's been quite a while since I posted this story, but the truth is I had actually written 8 chapters to this fanfic. I didn't post them, because when I got further along, I realized, my main character has like zero personality. Basically it felt like she was just...there. Not really having a purpose, just being there for the sake of being there.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm struggling to make my character have more of a real person, has an effect on the story, kind of role.

So, I've decided to ask for some advice to anyone who is willing to share. You can write in the comments, and I'll be sure to read and think about anything you guys have to give me - from tips on writing, to planning, to even just drafting characters. I'll take just about anything (though please do keep in mind common etiquette).

Thanks for reading this far, and extra thanks to anyone who decides to input any advice!

(Oh, and extra note, if any of you are interested in me posting those other chapters I had already made, please do say something, I would happily do so, I'm just not sure if anyone would care about something not finished.)