37 - Rise Up

King barely slept last night, but she isn't bothered. She seems to get nightmares when she does sleep so she'd rather not do it at all. Plus Lija snores, a lot, so how is she meant to sleep with him making a ruckus? It is sort of comforting, though; Jacob snored, so did Billy. Its a familiar sound.

She carefully gets up and drags herself to the bathroom, finding a towel before she has a shower. She doesn't have anything but the leggings, vest top and hoodie the Cullen's bought to her so she has to put them back on, making a mental note to buy something clean ASAP. She checks the wound on her side and cringes.

"Never again." She mutters, going back out.

Elijah is stirring as she does. "Msnsh."

"Morning to you too." She laughs, opening the curtains to the bright sunshine. "Come on, we have an hour. Let's grab some food and get in line."

"Yes mother." He mutters, closing the bathroom door. Once he's ready, they head to the small store by the port and buy a bag of snacks, King grabbing one of those tourist tshirts that says 'I heart Greece' as a spare. Its hot out, very hot, and the vest top needs to be changed ASAP - she can still be fashionable even in this heat.

"How long will this take?" Elijah asks as he squeezes between King and a random man.

"4 hours." King shrugs.

Eli glares. "Four? F-o-u-r?"

She smiles and holds up a wafer buscuit. "Yum?"

He snatches the packet as he grumbles, eating the whole packet to himself. King smiles and admires the views as the boat soars across the water, in the middle of nowhere. Eventually, Idra (Hydra) comes into view.

King rushes to the railing and smiles wide, Eli moving more slowly over. "It's still as beautiful as I remember..."

"You think hes really here? It's a bit bright for a vampire, no?" He asks, leaning beside her.

King rolls her eyes. "Sun isn't that big of an issue for them - but he'd still be hiding, I guess. He'd come here because he wouldn't want to be found. He.... Doesn't deal with his emotions great. If he isn't here then... Then I don't know where he is. And I don't want to go home and admit I was wrong. So if he isn't, well we're staying right here buddy."

Eli smiles small. "Y'know... I don't actually mind the sound of that." He looks into the distance, his hair blowing slightly in the wind.

King watches him. "What makes you say that? I thought you wanted to get back?"

"Nah... I'm one of 8 kids. And my family are quite religious. I was never one they were proud of... Did you know I'm a natural blonde?" He smiles small. "Dyed it to piss them off."

King gasps. "Blonde!? Damn, I'd pay to see that... You know what then? If its that bad there you shouldnt go home. Family isn't meant to make you feel shit. You should do what makes you feel good. I'm sorry I dragged you into all this - Jacob always did call me selfish." She looks at the water.

"Oddly enough, Kingsley, meeting you seems to have been good for me." He smiles, putting his bag on his shoulder. "Come on, I wanna drive a boat."

"Who says you're driving? I'm paying, I'm driving." King scowls, following him off the boat.

"Jacob is paying, actually."

She giggles and follows him onto the island, looking around. She leads to the way to information hut and finds out not many people will rent a boat - but she's sure she can work some magic. Sadly they have to buy the boat rather than rent it - sorry Jacob, that just cost you a fortune.