[1]

GOING BACK HOME.

I can't believe that I've to go back there.

Urghhhh!

Of all places, why do I have to go back there?

I could've just made up another excuse to not go, but, quote as my mother said it,

'you have missed way to many family gatherings in the last six years to miss your only sister's wedding! Either you come by yourself or I will come over there and drag you back with me!'

I really wasn't in the mood to argue with her this time around, so I decided to just go.

Plus I also knew she wasn't lying about the dragging part, so I decided to spare myself from embarrassment.

And this goddamn flight was taking too long. If I am late by even one minute my mum will be having my head for supper.

Everything feels like it's in slow motion, and I have this wired feeling in the pit of my stomach that something very unexpected is going to happen, but what?

I don't know whether it is good or bad, but I am 98 percent sure it won't be good.

The plane finally lands and I hail a taxi to get to the venue for the wedding.

I deliberately missed everything else so that I won't have to stay for more one month in this hellish, nightmare of a town.

It was so hard to convince my boss to give this time away from the company. But that doesn't mean I won't be working.

I neither like nor hate this place. It's just that I have a lot of terrible memories associated with this place. It causes me nightmares just thinking about it.

Although not all them were bad.

Don't get me wrong, my hometown is lovely place to raise kids. It's like one of those cute fairytale towns where everyone knows each other. They could easily smell a new person a mile away, but this isn't a town for me.

I was born here, raised here, but I didn't want to build my life here or die right here.

I picked up my phone before glancing at it and then realizing that it's still off. I decided to switch it only to be welcomed by a string of notifications.

My mum's is going to kill me at this rate!

Most of them were missed calls from my mum and dad, while some were from my workmates and friends.

People were congratulating me on my sister's wedding and no the new promotion I just got.

Yes! I just got promoted from working in HR to being the Head of HR. I am so happy and nervous because of my new role in the company, which is one of the main reasons why my boss was reluctant to give me this time away from the company.

And I hope I can do better and create a great working environment for the upcoming Juniors.

On the other hand my mum was fuming; she sent messages inquiring where I was, what I was doing, was I even coming and one were she was just ranting about how careless I was.

I decided to reply to her.

Me: On my way.

As soon as I sent the text she replies which makes me wonder, was she just waiting for my massage or phone call.

Mum❤️: You better be! And don't be late this time around. Unlike what did at your brother's wedding.

She didn't have to bring it up, that was a one time thing when I arrived late to my elder brother's wedding. It's not like I wanted to be late I was just busy, that's all! It's true!

Okay, so I wasn't busy.

My mum literally hates that I put my job first above all else. She's always inquiring about when I will bring someone back home to meet them.

But I just tell her what I tell everybody else, 'i will get married when the time comes.'

The cab finally halts in front of a very expensive looking FIVE star hotel. They're really going all out on this.

I pay the driver before exiting the cab. I unloaded my suitcase from the back before entering the hotel and checking in to my room.

I had booked a room in advance for this very day.

I go up to my room and shower before putting on some makeup. I wore my dark blue tulle lace short dress and slipped into my nevy blue ankle strap heels. I then curled my hairs into bouncy curls.

I stared at myself in the mirror and realized, I did not like this, but the make-up was just okay.

I rummaged my suitcase for something a little bit more cuter than what I was wearing.

I finally came across a wine red midi, dress. It had a V line but it was okay, formal in fact. My best friend, Jennifer gifted it to me on my 25 birthday and it seems fitting for the occasion. I also decided to change my heels to black.

I then draped my butterfly shaped necklace around my neck, which I had personally gifted myself after my very first paycheck.

I glanced in the mirror for few minutes admiring how the dress hugged my body perfectly. I took a few pictures and posted them on all my social media platforms before leaving for down stairs.

I was very tired after the long flight I just had, and all I wanted to do was sleep and forget about everything else, alas I have to go or my mum will end me.

Let the drama begin!
_________________________

Author's note

👉First chapter of my first novel on Wattpad.

👉I hope you enjoyed it!

👉I am no professional writer and I am just trying. So it will have a lot (and when I say a lot I mean a lot) of grammatical errors, which I apologise for in advance.

👉I will really appreciate your support and encouragement as I am still new to all of this.

✨ Vote and comment! It will help to motivate me.

Arabella Nadia Valentina (female lead)