12.

RECAP: After not talking to LaMelo all week, New finally builds the courage to call him. Her plan was to confess everything that she's been keeping a secret. Although, New couldn't get ahold of her boyfriend. She called him, but a suspicious feeling was displayed from LaMelo's actions. Just when he had finally decided to call her back...The worst news reciprocated through the line. Tina's in the hospital.

--------------------

Butterfly's Repose: LaMelo is delicate, and calm. He has become tranquil and numb. Repose: To be lying, situated, or kept in a particular place. New is his butterfly. She's colorful, and beautiful in every way. She's accepting, and gentle with him. She is his home. She is his love. He needs her.

POV: NewNew

Location: Garnett Property📍

Saturday: July 25

"Erin, what happened?" Anthony was concentrating on my facial expression. Everyone at the table was....

"Where are you?" I ignored him and resumed my conversation with LaMelo.

"The L-LA hospital." He could barely get a sentence out with his unsteady breathing.

"I'm on my way right now."

"Okay."

"I love you."

My parent's eyes had gone wide, and Jackie's smile was very present. It consumed most of her face.

"I love you too."

Once I hung up, my mom reached across the table to grab my wrist. "You're not leaving."

"Mom, I have too."

"What is this I love you crap?!" My dad interjected.

"Look, I'll answer your questions once I come back...right now I have to go." I pulled my wrist away from her grasp and stood up from the table.

"Anthony I need a ride."

He nodded and stood up with me.

"WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!" My father's voice was loud and sturdy.

I flinched, but continued to walk out of the kitchen.

"ERIN! If you leave this house...."

Anthony was holding the door open for me. When I turned around, my mother's eyes filled with anger. My dad was breathing heavily from his recent yelling. "Don't bother coming back."

"Dad-"

"You choose this boy...or your family?"

"What the-" I rolled my eyes. "I shouldn't have to choose. Just have some trust in me for once."

"I won't trust you every again after your incident with Troy."

"Jackie." I looked over at the short lady who stood beside my mother. "Explain to them how much he means to me."

When I turned my back to the door, it slammed shut behind me. I recognized my dad's anger anywhere. Why would he make me choose between a boy he's never met before, and my family? This is the exact reason why I don't tell my parents anything. Exactly why I wanted to keep LaMelo out of this for so long. They're fucking dramatic....

"Look New, I don't know if you should do this."

"Tina is in the hospital." I got into the passenger seat of Anthony's Honda Civic. The color is white, and his rims glistened in the starlight.