Alpha Kane - Review

I was recently asked to recommend the book, Alpha Kane, by Amina Adamou and Marion Ridgle, so here we go.

The story is about a werewolf named Ember Yale, who, at first, comes off as passive and anxious. Right off the bat, she's rejected by her mate, Kane, the alpha's son. He's pompous and arrogant in the beginning, but we later learn that their relationship goes deeper than that.

Now, I don't read Alpha/Beta/Omega tropes, so this was new for me. I definitely recommend familiarizing yourself with the terms and dynamics, because you're immediately plunged into a world of magic and fantasy (on top of the contemporary setting). The setting is described in just the right amount of detail, not overbearing, but you get the picture.

The characters are well developed and for the most part, introduced smoothly. You get an idea of who they are almost immediately, whether it be through their description or the way Ember describes them. The character development, and by the second chapter, we see a new and unexpected side of Ember, violently contrasting with her usual, timid, demeanor.

The plot takes off right away, and unlike other romances, it's not overly predictable, if at all. On that note, it is a romance, so you can expect some chemistry between the two characters eventually, but that might just be the only thing you can be sure about.

Once again, I didn't fully understand some of the fantasy terms, but that's just me. I don't usually read fantasy, but after this book, I just might start.

The first seven chapters of this story can be found for free on the AnyStories app.

Title: Alpha Kane

Author: Amina Adamou