Chapter 8

Nari || Friday, June 12

I wake up to the sun shining through the window and onto my face. I smile and my eyes slowly flutter open. The tenderness and comfort of Jungkook's embrace instantly making me feel warm and fluffy inside. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can finally breathe without my heart aching. I feel weirdly energised. This has been the best I've felt all week. I think I'm ready to discover the truth of Yuri's death. There are no more tears left for me to cry.

I look up at Jungkook to see that he is staring down at me with a soft smile on his face. His skin is glowing and the bags under his bright eyes have vanished. I want to reach out to touch his face and kiss those soft rosy lips of his, but I just grin at him as we stare at each other. He looks so handsome. How can someone look so perfect when just waking up?

"Good morning," he whispers and pecks the top of my head gently.

"Morning," I say and he strokes my hair as I nuzzle against his warm body.

I feel so calm and so at ease when I'm around Jungkook. I feel like I can tell him anything and he would just listen; he would trust me as much as I trust him. We don't feel any remorse or betrayal from being together because we know that Yuri could never be disappointed in us; she would want us to be happy. Even if Jungkook tells me he still loves my sister and even if I'm still upset that she's gone, nothing feels forced or awkward between us.

We stay hugging each other for a while longer before Jungkook eventually gets up to make us some breakfast and I head to the bathroom to wash-up.

---

I immediately smell the delicious breakfast when I leave the bathroom and make my way to the dining room. My eyes light up when I see a plate of sausages and scrambled eggs on the table. I quickly take a seat and lick my lips in delight. Jungkook chuckles from seeing my excited expression as he places two cups of steaming coffee on the table before taking a seat.

"This looks so good," I say as I pick up my fork and begin munching on the food in front of me. "Mmm..."

"Glad you like it," Jungkook says and laughs as I stuff myself with the tasty food.

Jungkook begins eating too and he himself seems impressed by his cooking skills as he nods his head as he eats.

After stuffing ourselves with food and feeling full, I decide to confront Jungkook about starting our investigation on Yuri death. The thought has been on my mind the whole morning. Even though the atmosphere around us feels so much lighter and merrier, I cannot ignore the thought of Jennie's sudden text lingering in my mind and I cannot calm my eagerness to start delving deeper into finding out what drove my sister to take her life. I just want to get out of the house and start doing something to find out what happened.

"I was thinking..." I say hesitantly and bite onto my lower lip. "Since Jennie hasn't been responding to any of your texts after she told us she might be able to help us... I was thinking maybe we could visit the cafe she works at and see if she's there?"

The grin on Jungkook's face falters and his expression becomes serious as he ponders before replying, "Are you sure you're ready to see her and listen to what she has to tell us?"

I nod determinedly and Jungkook sighs as he rubs the nape of his neck.

"What if she's not there?" he asks.

"Then..." I say. "We can always ask her co-workers and see if they know anything. I just want to do something; I don't want to sit around and wait any longer. I'm ready to face whatever we may encounter."