Chapter 12 (Let Go)

Hani woke up to the sound of the alarm coming from her phone. She shut it down before turning to her left, only to be greeted by an empty space. She opened one of her eyes, calling for her lover.

"Jin?" her hoarse voice was replied by a chuckle behind her. She quickly turned around and saw Jin in a bathrobe.

"Where were you?" the girl asked as she kicked off the duvet and went over to her boyfriend.

"I'm taking a bath. Why? Do you miss me already?" Jin teased, gaining a soft smack on his chest. Hani looked at him with a sleepy face, smiling.

She pulled him into a hug, smelling his aftershave. She relaxed in his warm embrace as the boy started stroking her back. They stayed like that for 5 minutes or so, before Jin pulled away.

"You smell so bad." Jin faked a frown. He laughed when he saw his girlfriend's pouting and continued, "Go take a shower. I'll wait for you before going out."

They dressed up after that and went outside just to find Moonbyul who was sleeping on the couch. The couple eyed each other before Hani spoke, "I'll wake her up. You should check on Ken."

Jin nodded his head and turned towards the room across theirs. He knocked on the door and upon receiving no answer, he barged in. Panic rushed in him when he saw the empty bed.

He paced to the bathroom and opened its door without knocking.

"What the heck, Jin? Don't you know how to knock?" Ken grimaced as he turned around, facing Jin who seemed relieved.

"What are you doing?" Jin asked, scanning the shirtless man in front of him.

"I'm trying to put the ointment on my wound." his answer made Jin's eyes trailed to his left hand that was holding a stained cotton wool ball.

"And I guess you're here to help me?" he added before showing his perfectly arranged teeth to Jin. The other sighed as he rolled his eyes, snatching the cotton wool from Ken, and started to treat the wound.

"Byul slept on the couch last night." Jin suddenly said, his eyes darted to Ken's through the mirror. Ken stayed silent, swallowing his saliva.

"You shouldn't do that to her, you know. She is the one who struggles, and you're supposed to assist her instead of shouting at her face like yesterday." Jin continued as he placed the cotton in a plastic bag before throwing it into the bin.

He chuckled, watching Ken's dozing off, and tapped on his friend's shoulder. His action eventually brought Ken to reality.

"Go out when you are ready." Jin walked out of the room and went to the kitchen where Hani and Moonbyul were.

****

"Why were you sleeping on the couch?" Hani questioned. Moonbyul gave her a weak smile, sleepily rubbing her eyes before answering,

"I fell asleep. It was unintentional."

Hani rolled her eyes, huffing, "Yeah, sure, unintentional. If that so, how come you have a pillow and a blanket with you?"

Hani's remark made Moonbyul checked on herself. Indeed what Hani said was true. But, she didn't remember taking anything with her last night.

Could it be?

"Yah, whatever. Get up and help me in the kitchen." Hani snapped her finger in front of the confused girl before stepping to the kitchen.

"Babe, can you wake up the others too?" Hani asked as she saw Jin walked in. The guy said nothing before going over the other two rooms to do his task.