no. 1

—————

—————

"YOU SAID YOU WANTED to find work, now here's your chance." Owen Shaw's voice echoed through her kitchen, pointing back at the photo of Letty lying unconscious in the hospital bed. With tears starting to well up in her eyes, the younger O'Conner already made her decision once her eyes landed on the glossy photo.

————

"Brian, please just trust me on this." Aria said with puppy eyes and her hand out for the files. "Fine. Only because you're my baby sister." He gave in and handed her the files from Braga. "You have nothing to worry about. Besides, you know me." She said and gave her big brother an embrace and headed back to her car. Glancing one more time at the older O'Conner, Aria headed to her car and drove home. The gates opening, Aria made her way to her garage—settling the car with a final turn of the key, hearing the roaring engine.

———

She sighed tiredly as the day turned into the night and the sky littered with stars. She eyed the folder containing treasure, getting excited like a child on Christmas. With a confident smile, she headed out of the car and into her home with the folder in hand. She soon settled into her house, getting into comfortable sleepwear and resided to her laptop on the bar table in her kitchen. "Let's see about this." She said to herself as she was inspecting and reading the files.

————

Aria knew that after the $100 million splits from the Rio heist could get her retired until the day she died, but there was something about her love of the bullets and shooting and the guns. Call her crazy, but she loved the action. She could care less about the money, but after her unsuccessful road to becoming a ballerina had faded away, she didn't mind the action after all. She resided in a small flat in London, thinking to keep in the same continent if she ever wanted to visit Brian, Mia and Dom, it would be a close trip after they would relocate in Spain.

It was hard to tell Brian that she wasn't planning to retire from the action at all, and it was a well-kept secret she had for herself after Dom and the team separate their ways. But, they were family, so, she hoped they would understand. If Dom, Mia and Brian taught her anything, it would be 'Never turn back on family. Even if they do'. It's what she practically lived by; the motto that was indefinitely part of her.

Hours into the late-night passed as she was doing research and keeping up with her technical and cyber skills, Aria decided she needed another cup of coffee to keep herself awake; walking into the kitchen to refill her mug of coffee. With the coffee machine running, Aria walked into the bathroom to cool herself off. She looked into the mirror and fixed her long brown hair into a high bun. Her sky blue eyes shined in the mirror as she found the small resemblance between her and Brian. Although, she did have small eye bags under her eyes, reminding her of countless nights of being a ballerina before she joined Brian and Dom to takedown Braga. She had sharp features that were similar to Brian's; her jawline was sharp, but she had soft cheekbones and a small nose. She shook her head though, trying to keep awake as she switched on the sink and ran her hands under the cold water and lightly watered her face—the refreshing water waking up her senses for a brief moment. She finally felt herself focus once again before re-tying her hair in a looser bun. "2:00 AM." Aria said as she looked over at her watch and yawned.

She got back to the kitchen and picked up her refilled cup of coffee and headed back to her computer. The only thing that echoed in the room was her fingers clicking away on the keyboard amid the silence in her dark home. Being a hacker, the sound seemed so familiar. Her endless research however got her down a questionable rabbit hole by the organization named Cipher. One of, if not the most notorious hackers above anonymous and others. "Cipher..." She mumbled to herself as she found information regarding a nuclear weapon and a price attached. After a few clicks and reading binary numbers, she suddenly heard a clicking sound from across her hall, and her curiosity had pulled its reigns. Paranoia settled into her body as she grabbed her gun nearby and clocked the hammer, a familiar click she thought she heard a moment ago in her home. Running quietly towards a wall, she pointed her gun and slowly walked down the dark, lonely hallway.

Or so she thought. She took a step, ever so slowly backwards and was met with the feeling of a small metal tube at the back of her head. "Aria O'Conner?" The voice asked, albeit in a British accent. The voice, above a hushed whisper, made her clench her jaw and she slowly put her hands up in surrender. "Gun down I assume?" She said cheekily, already wanting to know the person with the gun pointed at her. "Taking the initiative. I like that." He said as she saw a hand pop out from beside her and it grabbed her gun, marking her empty-handed.

"Just out of curiosity, why haven't you shot me yet?" There was something about her quick wit and her humour that got the better of her sometimes. "I'm not here to shoot you. I'm here to make you an offer." The man said, almost too confidently. The younger O'Conner scoffed. "And what makes you think I will say yes?" She said with a soft smirk. "After hearing what I have to say, you're going to say yes to the offer in a heartbeat. And besides, you're looking for a job right?" He smirked from the shadows of her house.

————