𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

REAL LIFE.

December, 2017.

drew's pov
"bro you know that you have to tell her at some point" Cody stated, with his eyes didn't leave the play station. we've been locked in his room for i don't know how long, playing video games.

"i've tried too many times but i just can't do this" i threw the controller on the bed as i threw my head back, screaming into a pillow. "i don't know what to do" my face still buried in the pillow.

"it's LA man, it's your dream. you can't just give up on your acting career for her. i mean, i know it's my sister but she's just a girl and i love you too much to let you do that" he said softly, patting my shoulder.

"but you know what she went through when Miles left for college, and she still had us" i explained "i'll break her".

Cody looked at me in the eyes, his hand on my shoulder "nah, she'll understand. and i promise that i'll take care of her" he promised me. i nodded, knowing he was right. i couldn't give up on my future for a girl, as much as i loved her. because i loved her. i did love her like i've never loved before. i loved her so much my heart hurt.

"i know it's hard, but i'm here for you" he hugged me. i whispered a 'thanks' as i held him tight. "go talk to her" he nodded at the door. i stood up and headed to Riley's room, knowing she was there studying.

i knocked twice —it was our cue, and waited for her to open the door. "hey bubs" she greeted me with a grin, wrapping her hands around my neck before leaving a sweet kiss on my lips. "what's wrong?" she frowned as soon as she noticed the look on my face.

"i need to talk to you" i said with a straight face, sitting on her bed. she sat down next to me, grabbing my hand "i'm listening" she said, her voice was so low i barely heard her.

i let out a sharp breath. "in january i'm moving to LA to pursue my acting career" i blurt out bluntly. she widened her eyes shocked, but remained quiet for a few seconds to process what i had just told her, before letting out a faint "oh". her eyes fixed on the floor as she squeezed my hand.

"i know that is too much to handle and i've been trying hard to tell you but i was worried by your possible reaction and i swear Riley, the last thing i want is hurting you" i stumbled, rubbing her hand with my thumb gently.

"it's okay Drew, i completely understand that and i'm so proud of you" she said "i knew this was gonna happen at some point. and i love you too much to hold you here, i need to let you go" i pushed her into a hug. "we can make it work" i reassured her "i'll fly home whenever i can" i wiped a tear streaming down her face with my thumb "and we can facetime every day, i mean is not exactly like standing in front of each other but still." she shook her head "no, we can't Drew." her voice quivering.

i frowned "what do you mean" i questioned in disbelief, my voice broke. "i don't think that a long distance relationship is what we need right know" she whispered. "are you kidding me? you are what i need, i don't care if there's miles that stand between us, i need you" my eyes filled with tears, now running down my face. that was probably the first time she ever saw me cry. she cupped my face in her hands, wiping my tears "Drew, i love you, but i can't handle a long distance relationship. i— i need a clean break. i need to let you go once for all".

i couldn't believe my ears. i abruptly got off her bed as i shrugged her off me. "i can't believe you're breaking up with me" i cried "after all we've been through". she stood up too, to face me "i know that you're angry but i beg you to accept my decision Drew, i know me and i know how much Miles leaving us hurt me, and i know that a long distance relationship would only hurt me even more in the long run" she blurt out between sobs.

"i— you're breaking me, Riley" i mumbled, still stunned. she tried to wrap her arms around me but i stopped her. "no, please, i accept your decision, but now you have to accept mine. we're done. i don't want to heard of you ever again". i blurt out angrily, leaving her room and slamming the door behind me.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾