Tragedy.

It was a scorching evening, the shining rays of sunshine peeked through the shade of the green, lush trees above as I cycled down the steep hill.

Birds were chirping incessantly, students were in a rush, all flooding into the school while the teachers on duty stood by, alert while ushering the students in in a hurry.

It was a bottleneck situation, the schoolgate was absolutely bombarded with students, I could see the uncountable black dots from a distance as they moved in a hypnotic way.

My eyesight blurred abit but I soon regained the focus and paddled harder.

Almost there.

Just a bit more.

I paddled my hardest, in hopes that I reach school in time.

I can't be late again..

Just as I was about to dash to school after locking my bike, I was halted in my path by the teachers.

Soon, students queued up behind me as the teacher nearby handed out green slips to each and every person.

I sighed.

Why..again?

My form teacher is going to freaking chop me.

After that, yada yada I gave my slip to them to check and sprinted up to my classroom.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I neared my classroom. I could hear ruckus of my classmates in there, causing my palms to clam up.

I need a solid minute.

Standing right behind my classroom entrance, I breathed in and out so as to prepare for the worst that could happen.

I gulped and shakily turned the door knob, opening the door to my possible death.

Without fail, everyone looked at me for at least a split second when I showed up.

Their piercing gazes sent shivers down my back, goosebumps erupted onto my skin as they whispered amongst themselves.

Except one, Kail.

He was my bestfriend.

Anyways, back to my teacher.

He was fuming mad, you could even see the smoke escaping from his enlarged nostrils as they flare in outright anger.

With a face that got increasingly red by the second, he screamed, "Why, look who is here!? Giselle! Fantastic, you are late again, three consecutive times in this week young lady. Now that's a new record, ain't it?!"

I flinched sharply, tension hung in the air as everyone held their breaths.

As the teacher strides towards me, I clench my fists to prepare for the worst.

"Get out."

"Students who fail to arrive to school on time are not ready to even receive their education."

With an abhorrent look, and an aggressive stance, he pointed his finger towards the classroom door. A to and fro motion of his finger led me trudging out of the classroom with my heavy bag still on. That's how powerful and mighty my teacher's finger was.

I sighed, peering out onto the blinding sky and green sea of swishing leaves under.

**

"recess time!" My ear perked upon the teacher saying that particular phrase.

It was an exciting phrase.

I turned around, in hopes of calling out my friend but I only bump heads with the angry bull-head teacher who passes a slight glance before stomping off like a child.

Ignoring that, I peek into the classroom, hiding half of my face with the door as my eyes darted around, searching for my friend, Geniah.

When I found her, I waved my hand frantically and mouthed, " h e y! c o m e o u t!!!"

She nodded and hurriedly packed her things, whipping out her wallet and phone, briskly walking towards me.

I place my arm on her shoulder, swinging with might as we walk.

"Oh my god,

Geniah starts.

the teacher highkey resembled a bull.."

I look over at her, wide eyed.

She received my passing look and throws a "cocking my eyebrows because I am smug" look.

We then proceed to burst into a fit of laughter, my hands clenching my stomach while she palms her mouth in an attempt to lessen her noise.

**

"Today was pretty boring.."

I nod.

"Like, no shit boring. If you were not in this school, I probably would've been bored to death babe."

I smirk, "wow, fantastic baby. I guess I could be a entertainer after all."

"Pft, bitch you wish!" She smacked her lips and lifted an eyebrow as a questioning look.

As we chit chat, it came unnoticed that there was an incoming flower pot that was about to smash my head any time.

Really, so unfortunate.

"CRASH." The ear-screeching sound echoed in the vicinity as the passer-bys paused to check the situation.

I was paralysed with shock, body tilted and leaning towards my friend for comfort.

My eyes were squeezed tight, lips pressed into a thin line as my fingers held on to my friends arm for dear life.

The crash happened so fast and so near me.

The flowerpot fell and came plummeting like a few centimeteres away from me before breaking by someone's feet.

His name