WHO AM I

RAYO'S POV

                                  SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN 

                                 A CURSE I THINK WAS PRONOUNCED ON ME

                                 NEVER TO BE STRAIGHT IN ALL ETERNITY

                                  I HAVE NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD MYSELF

                                  ALWAYS TOSSED ABOUT IN AN OCEAN

                                  I  WAS THAT BLACK IN THE MIDST OF WHITE

                                   NO MATTER ALL MY EFFORTS 

                                   PEOPLE ALWAYS CASTIGATE ME

                                   TRADED UNFAIR REMARKS ABOUT ME

                                     I WAS SO DOWNCAST AND BEATEN

                                     WHEN I HEARD ALL ABOUT IT

                                      I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM AGAIN

                                      I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GIRL OF YESTERDAY

                                       TILL NOW, I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND

                                                      "WHO I AM"

         ****************************************

            *******************************************************

                                                   A round of applause rented the air immediately i finished my presentation. I was already at the verge of tears because the poem holds up all my emotions. I left the podium quietly with my head bent and walked straight to my seat at the far end of the hall. 

                 " Another round of applause for Miss Rayo." Our coordinator said immediately he reached the podium.. " I never expected this but i must confess it was mind blowing and emotionally thrilling. So,......................."

          Before we go on with that.........let me introduce myself.. 

                               Hi, my name is Rayo

Am a Nigeria girl, Yoruba to be precise.  Am Eighteen years old and am done with high school(secondary). Am proceeding into the university to study creative writing because my love for poems can't be undermine. Am living with my dad, the only child, i lost my mom at a very young age or maybe the day i was born so i grew up with my dad. my dad works as a civil servant at the university am intending to go to, so he make enough for both of us to survive on.  i love my dad because he's my only companion aside God. I don't have any friends because  people make jest of my plight but that's none of my worries. 

                           My dad enrolled me into creativity school until jamb will give me admission into my dream school.  They help us to improve on our skills. so, my coordinator Mr Ade, a young man black in complexion and stoutly built. He gave us an assignment to write a poem on our feelings and it will be presented after a week. We forty students in the poetry section and most of us are teenagers while others are adults.I was the second girl and seventh person to present and i know that by the look on everyone's faces they were touched because this how they made me feel.

                   Back to the present

      " The next person is Mr Sola ..........please a round of applause for him'' Mr Ade announced.

                       I looked at the him, my crush 

                 I don't know much about because I don't talk him or I have never.

           He's handsome and very intelligent , everyone likes him and everyone will love to be with him. I watched as he bounce up to the podium and it makes me smile because he was flashing his white set of teeth.

                            "........umm...umm..attention please " he screamed even with the mic close to his lips " my name is............"

                " we know your name" everyone shouted cutting him off.

                 " Shebi its my presentation" he hissed.

                       I laughed making all faces turn to me

                                  OOPS.

HELLO GUYS

   THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER 

    PLEASE DO YOUR BEST TO LIKE AND COMMENT

    THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION, ANY RESEMBLANCE IN REAL LIFE ITS JUST A CO- INCIDENCE

     PLEASE DON'T COPY MY WORK

    ITS ALL MY IDEA

     I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOU MORE 

   LOVE YOU