the fight

it was finally the day fight. the day before, during detention, richie and Henry didn't speak again after they decided they were going to have a fight, which was actually ridiculous.

richie and eddie didn't speak to each other either, even though eddie was extremely concerned about richie's safety. henry bowers was nearly 8 inches higher than richie and everyone could notice the high difference.
also Henry was way stronger than him.

now they were on neibolt street, standing in front of the scary house and waiting for richie to show up.

"of course he's not going to show up, richie's a pussy." somebody said on the background.

apparently all high school students heard the rumor of a fight between bowers and trashmouth. they were all there to see richie get beat up.

eddie was standing on his own in front of the crowd when a teenage boy walked next to him.

"hey eddie." he said waving at him.

eddie turned around and looked at him.

"oh, hey ben. i didn't think you would come."

"are you kidding?" he said showing him a bag full of popcorn. "everybody's here to watch the scene."

eddie sighed.

"i just hope richie doesn't get hurt..." he said with soft voice.

"oh no. he's definitely going to die." eddie glared at him when ben said that. "popcorn?" he said offering his bag.

eddie gave him a disgusting face and looked at the empty pitch again. there he was: Henry bowers waiting for his adversary.

"i can't believe richie accepted that." a girl said next to eddie not so far away.

"yeah. why would he do that?" another boy asked her.

"i h-heard he was try-trying to protect som-meone but i-i never got to know w-who."

eddie recognized that stutter: it was bill denbrough. so he quickly knew who he was with: beverly marsh and stanley uris.

"richie's a fucking trashmouth, that's the problem." Stanley said.

eddie still couldn't see them but he knew they weren't far away.

"stop insulting him, okay?" bev demanded with an annoyed tone. "he takes bad decisions but you don't have to go hard on him."

it was then when eddie knew he liked beverly.

the three teenagers kept talking and eddie was there listening their conversation when all the crowd went suddenly silence.

richie had arrived.

eddie stared at him without hesitation; he wasn't wearing a hawaiian shirt for once: he was dressed all in black with ripped jeans. eddie thought he looked badass.

Henry started to laugh at him as soon as richie stopped in front of Henry.

"wow. you think you're going to win wearing some dark shit clothes like you're an emo?"

"i fucked your mom." was the only think richie said.

Henry's face became red with anger.

"you take that back!"

"make me, trashcan." he provoked him.

Henry thew himself on top of richie and started punching him everywhere. Richie was trying to fight back but Henry was already on top of him.