PROLOGUE - Welcome to Dead Hope Studios!

...

The air was thin in the mountains of Alpine Skyline.

You were questioning yourself why you were in an area such as this. But now that you are, you needed to get down. The thin air made you feel like collapsing. There was just one problem- the peak was extremely high. So high, in fact, that the clouds below looked like a sea...

The only thing you could do was call out for help. Though, you weren't sure when that will come soon...

Then, you heard something.

???? :
 "Uhh... are you lost?"

That sweet, child-sounding voice echoed in the surrounding area, making you turn aggressively to the source only to find...

...a small, child-looking figure. Their glowing eyes showed fear and concern while their body stood completely still. The silence gave you time to observe the figure. They wore a cloak that covered most of their bodies and a hood that came along with it. There was a scarf wrapped around what seemed to be their neck which covered half of their face. In fact, the only feature you could see from their face was their glowing yellow eyes.

This made you think...

Was this an inhabitant?

Was this a monster?

???? :
"What's wrong?"

(Y/N) :
"You... do you live here?"

???? :
"Y-Yeah, I do. But I wanna ask again... are you lost? Cuz if so, maybe you can come up here and get a high vantage point! Not only is it easier to see things but you get this... amazing view..."

(Y/N) :
"I... think I'm fine..."

You panted of the thin air, still not trusting who you saw. The being immediately noticed this and replied accordingly.

???? :
"Ah, s-sorry! I don't really have great first impressions... hahahah..."

They laughed awkwardly. As long as they didn't ask anything personal, you'd probably be fine-

???? :
"Hey, what's your name?"

Well, peck. That was unavoidable.

It would be extremely rude not to answer so...

(Y/N) :
"I'm (Y/N). What about you?"

Kiki :
"... I'm Kiki, the official astronomer here!"

The being- well... "Kiki" seemed awfully fast when trusting others they don't know. Immediately after claiming their name, they seemed friendly in an instant. Not knowing what to do, you asked on.

(Y/N) :
"Astronomer? So... you're out here... to study the stars?"

You said in between your pants.

Kiki :
"Well, I'm not studying the stars now! I just came out here as a little stress-reliever! The stars up here are... incredibly beautiful. They help me like they're my actual friends..."

Kiki :
"Ah, there I go, blabbering about my love for the stars! Hahahah..."

Another awkward laugh came out of them...

Kiki :
"I know this might sound a little weird since we just met but... I'm glad you came and I'm glad to talk to you. It reminds me how it feels like to have friends."