𝚘𝚗𝚎

REAL LIFE.

"red or white?" Emily asked, showing me two different dresses. i glanced at her from the mirror as i was doing my make up "the red one!" i winked. we were arrived in Vegas a couple of hours earlier and we were getting ready to go party at midnight i'll turn 21. Emily was one of my best friends, i met her at college and we've been close since. when both Miles and Drew left, i felt so lonely and meeting her was a blessing.

as for the rest, the last two years had been shitty. i spent most of my 2018 and 2019 missing Drew and hating myself for breaking up with him. i thought that a clean break would hurt less, but the truth was that i hadn't fully recovered yet.

every time i thought that i was finally over him, i actually wasn't. everything reminded me of him: the places where we used to hang out, the songs that we used to listen together, i still had some of his shirts in my closet and the J necklace he gave me on our anniversary.

but i never called or texted him. he clearly told me that he didn't want to hear of me ever again and he blocked me on instagram, and i respected his decision. i owed him that. i thought that if he wanted to, he would reach me. but he never did.

occasionally i asked my brother about him, to know if he was okay. and from what i heard, his life was going great and so was his acting career, and i was happy for him. i really was. not a single day goes past that i don't wonder what could have happened if i hadn't give up on us. perhaps we'd be happy together. and i regularly curse myself for being such a coward, for hurting him to protect myself.

"are you ready?" Emily asked me softly, as she noticed that i was overthinking again. "yeah" i whispered, grabbing my purse and we both headed to the elevator "let the party begin" she giggled, pinching my cheek playfully.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

by the time we arrived, the party was already in full swing. hundred of sweaty bodies were jamming to the music with drinks on their hands. that was exactly what i needed right now. me and Emily quickly headed to the counter, to order our drinks. once we were buzzed enough, we headed to the dance floor and we begin to move our hips to the beat. our dance was quickly interrupted by a cute guy who placed his hands on Emily's hips, and they started dancing together. i checked that everything was okay before heading to the counter.

"one gin negroni, please" i ordered to the bartender. "woah, impressive" i quickly turned around to face a blonde guy grinning at me. "what?" i frowned, confused. "it's a pretty stiff drink" he explained. i laughed "i have a lot of thoughts to drown into alcohol" i joked.

the bartender handed me the drink and i thanked him, handing him a bill, but the blonde boy stopped me. "it's on me" he said, paying for my drink. "thank you then" i gave him a hint of a smile. "may we have a dance?" he said mockingly, making me laugh. he was kinda cute and he seemed a good guy, so i thought why not. after all i had nothing else to do since Emily was still dancing with that guy. i nodded and he led me to the dance floor.

the music was loud and blasted into my ears and the dance floor was pretty crowded. i started moving my body trying to fit into the music's rhythm. i could feel my heart beat getting faster as he grabbed my waist and i didn't despise the touch. my buzz helped me to let myself go with the flow of music. we keep dancing song after song till he whispered in my ear if i wanted to step outside to get some fresh air. i nodded and we headed to the terrace.

he pulled out of the pocket his jeans a pack of cigarettes, handing one to me. i quickly thank him as we both lighted our cigarettes. "pretty nice view, huh?" he asked, to break the ice. i nodded, staring at the breathtaking view of Vegas by night. "i'm Austin, by the way" he introduced himself, sticking his hand out. "Riley" i smiled, shaking his hand. "so Riley, what are you doing all alone in Vegas?" he laughed. "actually, i'm not alone but my friend is licking a guy's face right now and so here i am" i giggled. he put a hand on his chest "ouch, this hurts" he cried playfully "you're telling me that i'm a rebound?" he continued.

i broke into a fit laugh "you're funny". "thanks, you know, i get that a lot" he joked before laughing with me. suddenly he became serious, moving closer. "you're really beautiful" he said, looking me straight in the eyes as he tucked a loosen strand of hair behind my ear. "thanks, you know, i get it a lot" i mocked him, making him laugh. as he stopped laughing, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, leaning in to push his lips against mine. he tasted like cigarettes and tequila, and that was exactly was needed right now, rebound sex. i kissed him back, cupping his face in my hands. last think i knew, i ended up in his hotel room.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

𝚊.𝚗.
𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚘 👀 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚘 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝
𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜? 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚋𝚌 𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚒𝚜
𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊