WAIT FOR ME

ORPHEUS                          You called my name

ORPHEUS
You called my name.

EURYDICE
You came
But how'd you get here
On a train?

ORPHEUS
No, I walked
A long way

Come Home with Me (Reprise),
HADESTOWN

A wound opened on the day Danak Ndali died. A wound continually venerated by Idmon Ndali calling his daughter Siviwe instead of the name her mother gave her. After all, who would want to embody the name a Zeison Sha Warrior who fell to the dark side gave?

And it was shame that the other Zeison Sha expected out of Siviwe. And she tried to balance it on her shoulders. But longing was the deathless weed in her body. Longing for her mother. Longing for being able to call the way her jaw cut, her eyes curved, and the way her rage burned her mother's. The voices in her head that searched and reminded her that this isn't all there is, keep going, keep looking begged for her to look for a semblance of Danak. The mutterings of her mother on hot blistering summer days were filled with mountains and seven pointed stars. On the cold and frigid winter days it was beasts of wings, fangs, and seven pointed stars.

Just wait, she wanted to scream to her mother, Don't leave me.

But Siviwe's father turned her out to the Sha Kalan to learn at the feet of other Zeison Sha. Where it was once the lilting voice of her mother, it was voices of those young and old. Warriors and Initiates of the Order of the Zeison Sha all speaking of the Force, of history, of dogma, and of survival. It was survival that did her mother in. It was the moment Elder Kostak came and bent down to her and said "We couldn't save her little one." and tore a wound through her. The Zeison Sha had to survive and one weak link could not put them all in danger.

On Siviwe's sixteenth year, she, vibrant and bright with hope on her fingertips and tongue, met a destitute man whose wife and child were taken by pirates. A slave market might have as well been synonymous. And she couldn't leave them. She couldn't give up on them and leave them with no one to come for them. It was noble to aid others in the Zeison Sha. All they had to do was wait.

And while looking, while searching, Siviwe found a Jedi padawan calling himself the Chosen One, looking for a kidnapped Bail Organa. (Honestly she doesn't know who that is but the way Anakin describes the senator, he seems important.) And so longing took another form. Waiting took another form.