16 | pendants

"I think I'm falling for you."
- The 1975

1 December 2018

Riley

It has been exactly two months since all of the drama ended. Christina has been exiled from LockWood High for her unacceptable behaviors. Isaac and I got back together and we were now a very healthy couple. Kyle came back to USA a month ago but would be taking another flight to go back to France to look after his younger siblings. Mia got transferred to another school in another city and I barely saw Jazzy. Zoe and Blake has been dating for a month now. Noah and Dylan broke up but are still very good friends. However, Roderick has been crushing on Dylan.

We were currently in December. The Christmas vibes had made it's way through LockWood. School was finally over and we had only a few weeks left until graduation.

"Can you chop the onions, hun?" Isaac's mother asked as she placed the tray of cookie dough in the oven.

"Yes," I smiled before grabbing the chopping board and a knife.

"Isaac! Get off your phone!" my mom scolded him. Mom was heavily pregnant and dad still wasn't here to support us - emotionally and physically.

"Nicole, I just got it back! You hid it away from me," Isaac pouted. I got back to my task, putting on my airpods, letting the music flow. I smiled when I felt the now too familiar pair of arms encircling my waist from behind.

"Hey babe," I whispered.

"You're stunning." He complimented, making me blush. Even after all this time, I still blushed hard.

Love has no limits after all.

"You lovebirds should get back to your task before the Karens get mad," Jill snored, rushing to her room.

Isaac slowly unwrapped his arms from my waist and took a seat on one of the multiple stool bars.

"Are you going to stare at me?" I questioned, as I finished cutting the onions.

"You're cute."

"I know," I sarcastically replied, walking towards him.

"Let's go to my room," he instructed and I followed him like a lost puppy. I smiled when I noticed Jill staring at us in the corner of her eyes. I didn't even know that she was there the whole time.

Once in his room, I laid down on his bed. The both of us were supposed to be downstairs, hosting the annual party of the Miller's but here we were, about to have fun.

Isaac closed the curtains and laid beside me.

"You know how much I love you," he whispered with a husky voice.

"I love you too more."

He leaned on his elbow, and pecked my left cheek. His lips slowly traveled to my neck, sucking the skin there.

"Isaac..." I moaned.

"Hmm," was his only reply before we indulged into some steamy moments.

_________

"Oh God.How do I look?" I asked, panicked.I quickly put on my plain white tee-shirt and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"Like you just had sex." My cheeks flushed.

"Isaac!" I yell, embarrassed.

He ran his hands through his hair and then sprayed some deodorant. I took a final glance in the mirror and unlocked the door, heading downstairs.

"I heard you yelling," Jill commented , scaring the shit out of me.

She's a ghost, I swear.

"We were watching funny videos by Bobby Moore," Isaac replied. Bobby Moore was his favorite youtuber. He watched him sometimes during breaks.

"The Campbells' will be arriving any minute soon," Isaac's mother informed.

"Yes, get to work, you dirty children."
My mom ordered, her nose creasing in disgust. Why did I think that no one was going to know about our sexual
adventures?

The Campbells finally arrived followed by the Houstons. By 6 a.m,the house was crowded. I quietly sneaked away from the crowd and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

I went shopping a week ago and bought a mid-length silky black dress from Pretty Little Things. I took a hot shower and straighthened my long blonde hair afterwards. The light blue strands hadn't yet faded,surprisingly.
It sort of added a little touch of originality.

I turned off the straightener when I heard someone knocking on the door. I quickly put on my plain white sneakers and to my surprise, it was only Mrs. Miller.

"Let me just grab my makeup pouch,"
I said with a smile.

"No, I'm not here to use the bathroom honey. I want to give you something."
She tended her hand forward and gave a gold choker necklace with the letters I and R on it. I wrapped my arms around her in gratitude.

"Thank you very much."

"Never take it out," she whispered, hugging me back. "I know you're the right girl for my stupid little boy," she uttered, making me chuckle profusely.

After chatting for a few more minutes,
she left the bathroom. Soon later, I grabbed my belongings and headed to Isaac's bedroom. He was dressed in a simple pair of black jeans and a white shirt.

"You look sexy," he whispered, looking at me through the mirror.

"You don't look so bad too, baby," I complimented. I plugged my phone in the charger and grabbed Isaac's. I went straight to his camera.

"Take a picture with me," I said as he walked towards me.He disagreed at first but eventually gave in.

The first picture taken was a selfie mirror with him hugging my waist with his head buried in my neck while the other ones were just random selfies of us doing silly faces.

_________

"So, you're Isaac's girlfriend?" an elderly woman asked as I'm poured champagne in my glass.

"Yes," I smiled.

"I'm Givenchy Miller, Isaac's grandmother," she introduced herself.

"Your name is very pretty," I complimented.

"Ry- I've seen you've met Gigi," Isaac laughed,rolling his eyes for no particular reason.

"Yes," I replied.

"Gran, I'm sorry but I have to steal my baby for a few minutes," he laughed, his hand wrapped around my waist. He lead the both of us to the main hall.

"Riley, this is Lori, my elder sister."I didn't know her that much since Isaac spoke about her only twice or thrice. Lori looked very similar to Isaac, compared to Jill. She was tall, with thick short brown hair and was wearing a short white dress with thin straps.

"Hey, Isaac has spoke so much about you!" she uttered excitedly, pulling me into a warm hug.

After meeting a few more people, I went to Isaac's room to fetch my phone. I noticed a missed video call from Kyle.

"Hey Ky, I'm so sorry. I was downstairs," I huffed,wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Hey, do you remember that 'someone' I told you I'd introduce you to?" he asked happily. A tattooed guy with red hair and piercings came into the frame of the camera.

"This is my boyfriend, Vicky." I smiled, feeling proud. I was proud of my best-friend.

"Hey, I'm Riley!"

"Vicky."

Sometimes, everything is so imperfectly perfect.