Neville Longbottom is a bear

Neville Longbottom is a seriously underrated character. And I think he needs a little more love.

If Neville had an animagus form, I'm pretty sure he would be a bear.

As babies or cubs, they aren't really seen as much of a threat, mostly adorable, chubby and small, you'd be more likely to want to pick one up than run from it but as an adult, once they've grown up you wouldn't need anyone to tell you not to cuddle an adult bear.

Bear also hold a great spiritual meaning.

The primary meaning of the bear spirit animal is strength and confidence

Which I will admit he didn't seem to have at first but eventually Neville became one of the bravest Gryffindors out there.

Standing against adversity; taking action and leadership
Harry may have been the Boy who lived and Voldemort's enemy but it was Neville who put the army together in the Golden Trio's absence and how gave the honestly amazing and super inspiring speech that helped them all fight the Death Eaters in the final Battle.

Bears symbolize warrior spirit and courage to fight.
  Need I say more?  From standing up to his three Housemates back in first year, determined to stop them from sneaking out, trying to stand up for himself against Malfoy, joining the DA or following Harry to the DoM even though he didn't have any real reason to believe him about Voldemort being back, Neville showed an amazing amount of strength. Plus HE KILLED NAGINI! One of Voldemoldy's Horcruxes who was a huge snake that had made full grown, well trained men and women wet their pants! Tell me that isn't awesome!!

All in all, this is for Neville, a character who should have been noticed a whole lot more both in the book and among fans