Do you want to build a snowman?

Born to the king and queen of Arendale, There were twin boys. They were completely identical, aside from the fact that one had platinum blonde hair. The older twin, Roman, was the heir to the throne. The younger was just there to have fun and serve as moral support.

But the secret kept from the rest of the kingdom was that Roman had powers. Specifically ice related powers. Though his abilities seemed to be able to do more than just create ice and snow. Inside the castle walls he was allowed to use them as much as he wanted to. But he had to be careful.

He and his brother would build snowmen together and play with dolls made of ice. One day they were playing too much and Roman accidentally struck Remus in the head. The king and queen, their parents, rushed them to the wizard who lived in the forest. The wizard told them that in order to save Remus' life they had to erase his memory of magic. The wizard warned them that fear would be Roman's enemy in learning to control his power.

The king and queen decided it was best if the twins were separated. They made Roman wear gloves to control his powers.

Every day, Remus went to Romans door asking to build a snowman. He didn't understand why that was the question he always asked. But he remembered that used to always work. The younger twin longed for the day when his brother would come out and play with him again.

One day, the king and queen left on a trip across the seas. They said they would be back in three weeks. Three months past and they didn't return. They were assumed dead.

The funeral was the first time Remus had seen Roman for more than a few minutes in years.

As soon as Roman came of age, he was to be coronated as king. Remus was excited for the coronation because it meant that he would finally get to see people. Roman dreaded it for the same reason.