Chapter 32: Everything is okay

Elena's P.O.V

We stared at sandy as she walked out of the house.  Steve walked up to soda and talked to him. I simply looked at Meredith and slightly smiled. "Come here." I said as I gave her my hand.

"I know just what you need."

We walked up to the open floor living room  and I turned on my record.

"What are we doing?" She asked.

I turned around. "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison played. Meredith smiled.

"We're gonna dance it out." I said as I began dancing. She smiled and soon too, began dancing with me. We laughed and sung along. Out of nowhere I felt a hand grab mine and spin me around. Dipping me into a kiss. I smiled into the kiss. Steve held me and we began dancing. As Meredith and soda also danced.

Things were perfect.

——————————————-

Steve and I layed in bed together. "I have a baseball game tomorrow. Are you coming?" He whispered in my ear. Followed by a kiss on my cheek.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled. He smiled too and embraced me in a hug.

"I want two kids. A boy and a girl. I want to have a boy first, so he can take care of his younger sister. I want his name to be Jacob. Maybe Alex. And the girl's name, well, you can choose that. And if we don't have a boy I'll be okay with that. And if we don't have a girl, I'll also be okay with that. I want to live with you. Whether it be here in Tulsa or New York. Or wherever life places us." He said staring at me.

"Our kids better have your eyes and smile." I said. Staring at Steve softly as I traced my finger on his upper and lower lip. He looked at me.

"And they better have your personality and look like you" Steve answerd. I smiled softly at Steve and closed my eyes.

Praying and thanking god for the wonderful man I have.

——————————————————

I woke up in bed the next morning. It was cold and I was alone. I sighed and turned around. There was a note on the pillow where Steve slept. I opened it and read:

"Sorry I had to leave so early. I had to leave for practice and I won't be free until after the game. I hope I see you there Doll."

I smiled and nodded my head. I got under the covers again and sighed. Feeling the warmth of the blankets. I shifted to the cold empty pillows, laying my head on the one Steve used. It smelled like him. So all I did was fall asleep again.

—————————————————

I adjusted my skirt and tucked in my shirt. "Elena hurry up, the game starts in a couple of minutes!" Meredith yelled.

I rushed out of the bathroom and downstairs.

"I'm ready!" I said. Meredith looked at soda.

"And that is how you get her out the door fast." Meredith said. I looked at the clock confused and realized that it was thirty minutes before the game started. I simply shook my head and laughed.

We got in the car and drove to the school.

Once we got there, we headed to the bleachers. We headed to the bottom, closest to where Steve was. We turned to look around and two bleachers up, we saw the rest of the gang. I smiled and waved.

They announced that the players would come out shortly. We all cheered. Meredith and I talked. Then the boys ran out. I spotted Steve. He was wearing his uniform with the number seventeen, his lucky number. I looked around and spotted his mother. I walked down the bleachers and headed to where she was.

"Nancy! Hello!" I said as I walked up to her. Embracing her in a hug.

"Oh hello dear, I'm glad you made it. I'm just trying to find a place to stand." She said.

"Well, I'll be more than happy if you could join Sodapop, Meredith and I over here." I said as I walked her to the bleachers. Steve stood as he held that bat. He was going to be batting first. He slightly swung as he practiced. I clapped. They announced that the game was gonna start. Steve got in his position. He turned to look at me at winked. I laughed and cheered. The ball came towards him and he hit it. Really far. Really, really far. He began running. I cheered like crazy. He made it back to homebase. He stood and clapped as his teammates cheered for him. I laughed and he stared at me. Winking again.  I blushed violently and blew him a kiss. Which he pretended to catch and put inside of his pocket. God, he's such a dork. I love it.

———————————

The other team was winning by three. Steve stood there as he was ready to bat. This was the last shot there was. If he made a homerun, our team would win by one point. Steve hit the ball. Really far. And he began running. I've never seen him run this fast. He was running like no other. He made it back to home and he cheered. All his teammates went up to him screaming and cheering. They all celebrated. He walked away from the group and cams up towards me. He signaled me to walk towards him so I did. He smiled.

"So, how was the game huh?" He asked. I smiled.

"I'm very proud of you baby. You did wonderful" I said. He smiled and kissed me through the net.

"Let's get out of here." He said.

"Meet me at the front." I said. He nodded and winked.

I walked up to the rest of the gang.

"Soda, Meredith and I are taking Steve to the Dairy Queen to celebrate his game. I was hoping you'd also like to come?" I asked them. They all looked at eachother and nodded. I smiled.

"Meet us there in half an hour" I said.

I walked down to the bleachers and Nancy looked at me. "Dear, I'm going home now. I need to sleep a few hours before my shift" she said. I smiled and nodded.

"Alright Nancy, it was good seeing you here, I'll see you soon." I said.

He nodded and walked off.

That night we went to the Dairy Queen.