Chapter Ten: 𝔻𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖.

✌︎︎

The overall mood during dinner was a joyful one, or as joyful as it could be. Hinata was trying so hard not to let the fact that he couldn't play get to him while in front of everyone, and the other players and coaches could see that. Tsukishima took back his headphones from a laughing Hinata and was going to put them around his neck, before he hesitated. Tsukishima? Hesitating? He thought about why Hinata took his headphones in the first place.

So he wouldn't have to hear anyone...

The tall blond middle blocker looked to the tinier player that he once felt inferior to, and couldn't believe what he was about to do. "Hey, tangerine," he called out, getting Hinata's attention. "T-Tsukishima-Kun?" The orange haired boy asked, tilting his head the slightest. The blond sat across from Hinata, and looked down at his hands, exactly where his white headphones were. "Here," he simply said, giving Hinata his headphones. The entire table sat there flabbergasted, completely taken away with the generous thing Tsukishima just did.

"Woah, Tsukki! Don't tell me you have a soft spot for the Chibi-Chan now," Kuroo whistled out, looking at his pupil. The captain of Nekoma heard Hinata protest about how he wasn't a Chibi, but he was only looking at the blond, almost daring him. "Don't call me that. If he doesn't want it I'll take it back," Tsukishima shot back at Kuroo, looking away from him. Hinata had rested the headphones comfortably on his neck and put his head back down to his food, a bit flustered from the whole thing. "Those are my kids! Daichi, I win!" Sugawara yelled triumphantly, grinning as Daichi grumbled and dug his hands into his pockets, fishing out Yen.

"Suga-Kaa! Dai-Chichi! You bet on them?" Nishinoya asked, freely expressing his confusion. Sugawara explained the bet to an amazed Nishinoya and Tanaka, with Daichi rummaging through his pockets. Everyone else watched with curiosity as the captain of Karasuno pulled out about 800 Yen (about 10 Dollars with my currency) and handed it to the vice captain. Dinner continued on, with two setters not feeling themselves, Kageyama and Kenma.

Kageyama had somehow managed to talk with Yamaguchi alone earlier (Suga was unknowingly watching), and also got to ask if they could practice together the next day. Yamaguchi himself was kind of confused about why the setter would ask him out of all people to practice, but he accepted nonetheless. The freckled first year had an attraction to the blueberry man, but he classified it as Scary-Cool-Setter-Vibes, and had never even thought of it as anything else. The milk man was nervous for their practice session. Yeah, all they would be doing away some one-on-one training, but they would be alone, and knowing Kageyama, he would probably scare Yamaguchi half to death. So the setter decided he would ask Sugamama for help, and fast.

And then there was Kenma Kozume.

Kenma was normally a calm person, but he felt almost... mad? He had witnessed what had happened between Tsukishima and Hinata, and to say the least he didn't like it at all. He couldn't figure out why he was mad though. Hinata and Tsukishima had talked before, but this felt almost annoying to the setter. And after all, wasn't the ginger mad at him? If Kenma had just listened to his head instead of his heart, he wouldn't have bought the shoes, and the whole cut-feet-with-creepy-words ordeal wouldn't have happened, and the two would be allowed to play. But there were people around him. Kenma was getting madder and madder by the moment, and couldn't calm down. So he did the only reasonable thing he could think of: he left the table.

"Kenma!?"

✌︎︎
Holy Cheese! I'm already past 2K reads! After the last chapter I published the book was at like 900 reads, and then BOOM! It exploded! Thank you all so much!
~ Oya Oya ~