Easing back in • Chapter 16

Y/n's P.O.V

"Y/n you're going to make me get in trouble" Spencer announced as he drove.

"Shh, I mean Hotch said to get cleared by a doctor and I did so what's the problem?" I asked with shrug.

"Which Doctor?" he said looking at me, making a whatever face.

"You're a doctor right?" I told him with a wink. He rolled his eyes with a laugh.

Once we finally got there we got off and walked inside. "Hey y/n, what are you doing here?" Hotch asked immediately after seeing me walk in.

"Heard you guys had a case" I told the man with a smile.

"Y/n you aren't cleared yet" I've heard that line way too many times for my liking.

I rolled my eyes. I was one of the only people that was able to roll my eyes at Aaron Hotchner without getting my ass beat.

"God I almost am it's already been more than a month I want to work again" I said crossing my arms with a huff.

He nodded understandably.

"Fine you can work but you have to stay here with Garcia, Reid you're coming with us" Hotch said before walking away.

I opened my mouth to fight back but he was already gone.

I turned to Spencer giving him puppy dog eyes but he just smiled weakly. "I'm sorry I'll call you every now and then I promise" he said squeezing my hand before walking away.

I sighed before walking away to Garcia's office.

I wasn't too bummed considering I loved spending time with Penelope.

"Hey I'm stuck here since I'm not cleared yet" I told her jokingly as I walked in. "Yay I won't be bored" She said hugging me quickly.

Since they had to leave fast they had zero time to brief so Penelope filled me in on what was happening.

"Omg there was another murder" Garcia said cringing as she clicked a button.

Soon the team popped up on the screen as they were on the jet.

"Woah it's so weird looking at it from a different perspective" I said looking at the screen.

"Hey y/n!" JJ said waving at me to which I mirrored. "There has been another murder.." I kind of zoned out as Penelope was talking to the team.

I found myself staring at Spencer. He looked so concentrated on the file. I bit my lip. I shook my head seeing that the whole team almost caught me drooling.

Before I knew it the screen turned off. "Want a napkin for your drool?" Garcia asked with a laugh.

"What, what are you talking about?" I stuttered.

"You were staring at Spencer the whole time it was obvious" She said giggling. "Was it really?" I groaned face palming myself.

"Penelope you can't tell anyone seriously" I told her automatically.

"Your secret crush is safe with me" she said smiling.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the team knew and that thought haunted me.

*****

It was a few hours later and we had already figure out who the unsub was now all they had to do was find him.

Garcia's phone started to ring and the number said it was Derek. "Hey hot stuff what can I do for you?" she said smirking as she answered. "What's up sweetness I need you to send us his work address?" he answered.

"Got it, anything else?" She asked. I played with one of her fluffy pens as the conversation went on and on.

"Oh yeah and lover boy wants to know how his girl is doing?" Derek said laughing. I felt the blush creep on my cheeks as I sheepishly smiled.

"Morgan let me talk to her" I heard Spencer say in the distance as they bickered over the phone.

Then I heard, "Hey y/n how are you?" the boy asked softly making me melt. "I'm doing good, how's the case going?" I asked.

"Good good, missing you tho" I awed at his words. "I miss you too, go catch the bad guy Spence and don't get hurt while your at it" I responded.

"I'll try not to, see you soon" he said before ending the call.

*****

"How hard is it to follow directions?" I asked annoyed. I was now in Spencer's bathroom cleaning up the cuts that covered his face.

"Y/n if I didn't go in, who knows what could have happened?" he answered.

"You got hurt Spence, I told you to be careful" I sighed wiping his face down.

"I know I'm sorry" he said looking down. I threw the cotton balls in the trash can as I put my hands on the sides of counter where he was sitting.

"You have to be more careful from now on" I said softly as I lightly brushed his face.

He nodded with a weak smile. I let my hand fall down to his shoulder.

I looked up to be met with his gorgeous brown eyes.

They were so inviting. I found my self not moving my hand but wrapping both of them around his neck.

He quickly snaked his hands around my waist pulling me closer towards him.

I looked down nervously before meeting his eyes once again. It all happened in a split second.

Don't you love cliff hangers! I do!😂 I'm sorry guys! I love y'all lmk what you think! Comment and vote!🤍